FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

would we have the animation of Aerith Gainsborough?

I’d prefer to see a redone Cloud first to match up with how excellent Sephiroth’s animation is. The current Cloud is a bit old.

It was made in like, 2006. Iirc it was the first full-custom animation for GBA romhacks ever. Impressive at the time, but nooooot great compared to today’s spritework.

This actually looks a little more polished than I remember. I guess Dark Seraph revamped it at some point?

2 Likes

I’ve found that after loading 2 or 3 class pages (depends how many preview images per page), Google Drive rate-limits the image requests and no more animation previews load. Has anyone else had issues with this? Just something I think Shin should be aware of while building the bot.

2 Likes

the sephiroth sprite was made around the same time, they are of equal outdated quality

2 Likes

Wow, this animation has been around for that long.
I was only 4 years old at the time lol

3 Likes

If you have an Aerith Gainsborough sprite, I can make it for you.

1 Like

I have Cloud base on Zack blademaster.

Sword

8 Likes

Okay, THAT looks like the original Cloud animation. The one I posted is definitely more advanced.

2 Likes

So those are Aerith’s map sprites, or a female monk? I’m not sure I follow what you made.

Aerith map sprites. They’re based off the monk, but could very well be used as such as an alternative, or really any other magic based class.

1 Like

Over on my main thread, I posted a status update and all that boring shit that nobody actually cares about, but since I finally was able to post it all, I’m putting all my F2U F2E stuff here so people can see it easier.

Here’s all my F2U F2E portraits that I have no use for, packaged into a single png as well as a downloadable folder because copypasting them all in individual is a pain, and I already did it on my main thread

Well, I hope this isn’t too late for you, Klok.

LANCE BERSERER FINAL

Bowzerker Standing Map-1.png (1)-2.png-3.png (1)-3.png-3.png-1.png (1)-1.png-1.png (2) (1)

Bowzerker Standing Map-1.png (1)-2.png-3.png (1)-3.png-3.png-1.png (1)-1.png-1.png (2)

Bowzerker Lance FHawkzerker

I said I’d consider it after the fact but… Well, several months later, and on a slightly cold but not cold enough because Indiana doesn’t get properly cold until the end of November, I did it.

Included is:

• An update to the existing Female Hawkzerker moving animation, which had a slightly buggy position for when the axe is held down during the Selected anmation (bottommost frame);
  • Sword, Lance, and Bow variants for the Female Hawkzerker;
  • Dart/Hawkzerker Sword variants, as those are already in the Repo;
  • And two additions to the battle animations in the form of Lances and Bows.

All F2U F2E.

Credit for the original Female Hawkzerker map animation is to Pik and DerTheVaporeon; the original Dartzerker map animation was by WarPath; and the original Female Hawkzerker battle animation is to Pik and Maiser6.

…no, they aren’t formatted correctly. I’m lazy as hell. You know this.

44 Likes

Thank you for the post of the Mugs based on the characters and the Sprites as well. I’m sure that the ROM hackers will be happy to implement them and honor them in your name. :v:

1 Like

Alright, so I added all the previously submitted stuff.

More importantly, I made a not-that-big but still important change to map sprites.

Instead of -stand and -move for map sprites, they now use -stand and -walk.

This is so that, when listed alphabetically, the walking map sprites get put after their standing counterparts.

When you import map sprites into FEXNA and LT, you always go standing first, followed by moving. In GBA, it doesn’t really matter and you can do it either way.

It wasn’t an arbitrary change, and actually I’d have done it a year ago, but I just kept forgetting.

Anyway, this minor change shouldn’t really affect anyone but if any of you were suddenly BLINDSIDED, now you know why I did it.

4 Likes

Hey guys, Klok here.

I just got through integrating a huuuuuuuuuge rework of the Weapon Icon Repository. Major big shoutouts to @Dark who busted his butt for the past two months chopping up ALL those huge sheets of icons into individual and insertable icons for GBAFE, LT, and Tactile alike. If Dark had not done this work, it probably either would never have gotten done, or it would have gotten done way further in the future.

Seriously, Dark busted his butt, figuratively speaking. He deserves all the credit for the hard work on making this stuff even exist.

So, what did he do?

Well, he took sheets like this:

And made them into this:

So now you can view and download every icon individually. There is one folder which might not have gotten touched yet, namely the item icon blitz folder, but we’ll take a look at that later to doublecheck. Otherwise, the whole weapon icon repo folder is complete.

When you peruse the repo, you’ll see first the name of the artist(s) involved, followed by a sometimes vague description, and a number in parentheses. That last number indicates how many individual icons are inside the folder.

Here are a few of the largest folders.

Ereshkigal’s Weapon Pack, 400+ icons:

Zess Dynamite’s LT skill icons (17+ colors, GBA-incompatible):

My personal favorite, Lord Glenn’s Giga Collection at 322 icons:

There are tons of crazy good icons in the repo now. Take a good long look, maybe an afternoon or two, and just browse them, guys. See what you like. Maybe you’ll get some cool ideas!

And remember to bless Dark for he has worked hard on your behalf!

Link to the weapon icon repo here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17e6SYYqOX-FinIM4itc10DjbBsKe1sne

18 Likes

Do we have Blitz 2 in the repo? I’m not sure.

Awesome stuff! A few of those LT skill icons in that image I made were by rainlash, so he should be credited in the folder name as well.

1 Like

AKA million-years-old Fae

I’d say she’s only about 1600 years old

Oh yeah, before i forget, credit also goes to Flasuban for the original improved Mercenary that this is an edit of.

1 Like

I used the animation of the mermaid in my hack. And yes I had this problem too and thanks to some of the people I spoke with, I was able to find its problem and fix it.
I didn’t post a fixed version of it because I was a little afraid I might cause problems so I left it alone.