FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

I’ll be posting a big tutorial for FE Map Creator in the coming days. I wanted to get some work done on organization for the mapping repo first just to be sure, but I’ve already figured out how, exactly, the generator algorithm works, how to best improve it, and so on.

But it’ll take me some time to structure my findings nicely, in between alllll the other stuff I’m doing. I’m super busy of late.

Edit: Rainlash gave some feedback too, which I’ll post here for posterity’s sake.

Oh, no, I wasn’t meaning it in that way about your tutorial for the tool.

I was just commenting that the folder structure for the tool has all of the palette variations for the same base tileset grouped together since any one of them can be applied to the same map, so having the snow variant of N426’s improved village along with the regular and the spooky phantom version, etc. all at the same spot easily makes sense since if you made a map in one, you could switch to a different palette should you want to with ease.

1 Like

Me, never using any substitutes:

But a very nice mug. Good attention to details.

1 Like

Yeah, I noticed it, the original sword animation lacks them too, I will add them in the future for both

1 Like

Doesn’t do any good if you upload them to imgur or the feu mainsite. I have to rename them anyway :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway, I’ll add them on my end. Thanks for the submission!

Forgot to mention this before but the chainless shield general has some script fixes compared to the original shieldless one (which had some missing footstep sounds and played hit effects when missing). I realised that the updated script is still completely compatible with knabepicer’s original animation, so might as well spread the fix to that too.
Download

3 Likes

They might add this to Project Ember

Pi’s work is legendary. Always good to have his stuff in the repo!

2 Likes

Randal! The lad. Love seeing some Cipher OC love, especially those who appeared in Echoes.

2 Likes

Another doggo to add to the depressingly small catalog of “Good Boys”, along with Dewey.

3 Likes

I’ve needed a wolf mug for some time now, so imagine my pleasant surprise! Great work.

1 Like

Hey I just want to ask really quick if map Sprites in the repository are F2E with credit, there’s something that’s been bothering me for a quite a bit, that I think would be rather easy to amend with just a bit of splicing and/or custom sprite work but I’m not quite sure on the etiquette there.

1 Like

I don’t think anyone’s going to care, even the original creators, if you fix a mistake in their sprites and resubmit them. If you make a hefty custom edit for your own purposes, a few people will possibly get annoyed, such as BwdYeti and his custom sprites, but that’s the only time I think you’d run into that problem.

So, yeah, if you see an error, just fix it imo

It’s more of a lack of a map sprite for an animation I see used fairly often, I don’t really plan on using it myself though, more so that’s it’s out there for other people to use, but thank you for your advice.

BTW, rapo got updated, noticed that beauty

(wow)

10 Likes

Anyway, there’s a large amount of “improved” or “2.0” animations for classic classes.

(these are only few examples)

Soon enough, we’ll make all of them.
Here’s a list of yet missing:

• myrmidon line
  • female brignad
  • female warrior
  • female Derzerker
  • female armor knights
  • general
  • all of the fliers
  • all of the magic users

That might seem like a lot, but look how many we already have! Also, many of the missing ones are just female variants.

6 Likes

I did 2 myrmidons variants though…

And the warrior isn’t supposed to be a 2.0 take on the gba original it’s just that i had no ideas how to name it lol (and 2.0 sounded fine at the time)

3 Likes

Repo update?

3 Likes

It’d be kinda cool if you made a list of all the improved/updated classes, one by one, as well as the classes missing updated sprites/anim fixes/palette reorderings.

So uh, regarding Emblem Anims: Shin made a bot that can auto-update the mainsite. However, I don’t think it’s quite complete yet, but in theory, it will work. We control it on the repo volunteer server. Once he finishes it, the repo will be permanently fixed forever.

It’s not quite as good as a whole new site with a much better layout, but it’s still an improvement.

2 Likes

I really, really believe EmblemAnims is OK as it is now. The only issue is that you can no longer download an animation by just clicking it, but that’s super minor. We really don’t need a super well made site as it’s simply not needed.