FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

I had to make a lot of compromises on the FEBuilder UI due to 7743’s wishes. I don’t like those compromises.

So, I’m making my own personal branch. I don’t plan to release it publicly… yet, but I’ll keep posting about it here.

This was the version of the Item Editor that I believe 7743 eventually incorporated into the main branch. He insisted several times that the ‘weapon stats’ be moved higher up, but I disagreed. We eventually adopted his vision, but I never liked the result.

Additionally, I made a bunch of other compromises, including the size of the weapon and skill icons. He ended up streeeeeeetching them out in the final version, and I hated that.

Therefore, this is the new final version of the Item Editor I have on my end. Feel free to cry that you don’t get to use this one, because it’s awesome.

I’m reworking the Class and Character editors for my own purposes, too. I’ll post those later.

5 Likes

You’re right, that would have been better for walking frames.

However, I simply prefer the aesthetic of gen3 over gen4.
I think mixing them would look weird. Here’s a HGSS link if anyone wants to try themselves.

It took a few days of work to get it all done in the end and I am happy with the results. I simply want to warn people that there’s no up/down facing sprites.

More importantly, though, is that because they’re all 32x32, you can have only about ~15 different pkmn/classes of this size on a map at once before you exceed OAM limitations & all the sprites get messed up. If I end up working on this further, my primary aim would be to crop / re-draw / resize pkmn to fit 16 pixels wide where possible. Of course, the unedited 32x32 sprites would still be available, as sticking to the original aesthetic as closely as possible is important.

4 Likes

Clearly the best solution is to use Digimon 16 x 16 Dot Sprites.

That way FEU will make Digimon Survive before Digimon Survive is even released.

2 Likes

How cute they are.

aaghh

5 Likes

Wait till you see the jaws on Tokomon.

2 Likes

Oh, my god, I love that! Such a great class, and it feels like a wonderful T3-esque Druid promotion!

If I may, I’d like to request an alternate version with a ‘normal’ head/hat of some sort, with less Cthulhian vibes. Mostly as a generic alternate to the Dark Druid. We’ve been needing a generic T3 Dark Magi aside from the necromancer to go along with the High Magus and Patriarch for a while, so this would really fit that mold.

And seriously, wow, what a great animation. I love the magic runes that appear above his head. They look super unique!

2 Likes

I’ll consider the request. If I’m going to do it, it’d be very low on my priority-list though. The animations, class cards and map sprites are F2E, so if anyone else would like to try, they can feel free to do so.

Oh, and the magic runes are actually a pixel version I made of the Bionicle script.

3 Likes

Normal version for both male and female please. With the ability to summon monster, this class can easy replace “Necromancer” and be T3 for “Summoner”

1 Like

Each rune is a single letter in the Bionicle language… What does it say?

And if people want an “unmasked” version, the 16 color limit is already a problem.

I imagine it could work if whoever does that version uses the 3 yellow slots from the “default” palette for the skin and uses the other colors to fill in what used to be yellow. Or if you use the horn slots for the skin and then use the cape slots for the horns too.

1 Like

Yes, the yellows are mostly used for special effects and highlights, also the potion, for the few frames it appears in. Making them a bit closer to skin colour may work. Alternatively, for the standard palette (the one in the gifs), the brown of the horns can be used as a darker skin colour. The enemy and NPC palette I provided use purple for the horns though, so a different solution may be appropriate there.

The lightest blue shade is also hardly used, although it’s a bit prominent in the bonewalker’s skirt. Scrapping that colour may not be very noticeable.

This has been a good learning experience for me; In future work I’ll be on the lookout for colour ramps that ramp into each other so that I can save colours.

Ah, I nearly forgot:

cus2_mg1_087 Matoran_Alphabet

It’s supposed to read: Lorem ipsum.

OH, EDIT: enemy palette was missing a purple shade, re-added it.

13 Likes

I can’t believe you used the Bionicle language. That’s so nerdy; I love it.

6 Likes

That animation looks so SICK! I love it, great Job!

They look really nice for color variations. Good Job!

What is F2U and F2E?

Free to use
Free to edit

1 Like

It may seem miniscule, but it’s really helpful. Thank you so much

1 Like

I also contributed extensively to this, I made the original edit to WAve’s (adding the village walls, extra buildings and such) before zoramine picked it up from me.

3 Likes

Zoramine messaged me and made it clear he didn’t want his tilesets in the repo, because he’s maintaining “his own” repo, so I don’t think we’ll add that to the graphics repo to respect his wishes.

This is his topic, so I’d post it there if I were you. Zoramine's Bucket Of Many Random Things

For the record I entirely disagree with that request, as it defeats the point of a repo, but hey, it’s his choice.

1 Like

\

I’m especially fond of that top-left image. Feels very Arthurian.

1 Like

What are the sources on those images? Just want to be sure that they have the proper licenses to be used in such a way (since it’s not like they’re from other FE titles and being modified).

1 Like