FE Asset Repository Discussion Thread

Just a very minor thing. In the repository, Valaura has an “l” at the end.

2 Likes

I can’t tell if that’s an L or an i lol.

I also don’t know what animation you’re referring to.

Edit: I’m guessing you meant this anim:

Which I renamed.

3 Likes

Thanks for the link!
ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー
That’s right. That’s what ‘Valaura’ is all about. It’s a Spell Animation remake of Aura, which I changed to purple.
↓You can check it out here↓
https://feuniverse.us/t/shyuterz-patch-animation/7434/168
(Page : 142)

1 Like

@shin19
On the emblem-anims site, in the paladin category, the “SALVAGED Alt F” doesn’t load and clicking the link brought me to an access denied page in google drive. After doing a little digging in the repo through the google drive, the urls don’t match.

The SALVAGED Alt F folder in the google drive vs. The url the site links to.

Just thought I’d let you know.

3 Likes

In the repository, @N426 isn’t listed in the credits for the Wyvern Knight bow animation. He made the animation, I just edited the palette.

2 Likes

I have always credited people based on their most well-known name. Does anybody at FEU even know you as ‘yikes!’? There are also people who change their names like ten times a month, and I don’t want to change those names either, since what is important is knowing how to find the original author. Also, it’s annoying keeping up with people’s rapidly evolving usernames. (See: Hextator, Xeld, etc)

So the question becomes, if I go to the effort of changing your name across all of the animations, which will only make it harder to identify you as the author, are you going to ask for another name change down the line?

Edit: Turns out you only have like five submissions and someone already changed them, though I could have sworn you made several animations in the past…

I’ll fix this asap.

1 Like

I’m not known as “yikes!” here, but that’s because A) I made this account a whiiiiiiiiiile ago and B) for some reason you can’t change your name on here. Everywhere but here, that’s what I go by.

1 Like

If someone is coming back repeatedly then it’s certainly fair to let them know they’re causing extra work and need to pick something and stick with it. But this appears to be the first time he asks for this, so i don’t think this kind of reaction is warranted. I feel the least we can do for people who provide free resources for the community is credit them the way they want to be credited.

5 Likes

It’s the precedent. Change the name for one person, and people might start asking for their name to be changed too because they’ve gone on a switching spree. Considering how often people change their names on Discord these days…

2 Likes

i think you’re making a pretty big deal out of this one lol

1 Like

Cool.

I understand that, but i don’t think it needs to be treated as a problem before it becomes one. I think most people understand that there’s a difference between editing a field they can fiddle with any time they like and requesting someone to go in and make manual changes to a collection of resources.

It would be reasonable to set up a rule that if someone requests a change, they can’t do it again for, say, a year if you’re really worried about people abusing it, though.

2 Likes

Shin has just updated the main site with all of the animations and such fixed, or so we hope! If you guys notice anything off, let us know. This should fix all those broken links.

1 Like

A number of spells (maybe battle animations too?) have become “undefined undefined” and not locatable from the menu - Flare and Giga Flare for sure, since they’re no longer in Anima (I think that’s where they were?). You can search their names and find them, but they don’t appear in any of the menu categories.

I just looked through everything on the site, since I’m working on a credits list anyway, and I think the battle animations were unaffected by this; seems to be only a handful of spells. Though, I’m not 100% sure.

2 Likes

Thank you for letting us know. When the site gets updates again, all the spells should be there. I’ve noticed there were a ton of spell animations that just didn’t appear on the website

1 Like

A single pixel can make all the difference! Thanks for the effort to clean up these easily overlooked issues :slight_smile:
We’ll add it.

thanks for the feedback, this was my first time attempting to edit a class card and I hope I can help in the future

1 Like

Did they fix the animation yet? The frames weren’t aligned properly in the video at least. This made the feet shift position slightly when attacking. I commented as such in the video’s comments.

Edit: You apparently saw my comment; maybe it’s fixed. Hope so!

It’s not lel, I’ll get to it eventually
Edit: Now its done, I think I changed it correctly, It was one pixel

2 Likes

Woah, these looks sick! Are you making any T3 animations for things like Halberdiers of Warriors?

Also, the Trueblade one links to the Female Whisper.

2 Likes