[Fangames] What are you working on?

Have to agree with Alusq that the right is too fancy. When I picture a skeleton warrior, I picture ratty armor, weapons, and shields, but that’s just general RPG conditioning. I would prefer the left, but the Soldier’s shield just recolored does feel like a bit of a cop out to use as is…

From a palette perspective, I think a uniform color is probably better too (barring one unique feature like the Paladin’s shield) since certain armor color choices could clash with the weapon color used in the center of the shield. Speaking of the Paladin’s shield, have you considered a shield other than a buckler for it? I don’t think it’d be worth it to straight use another shield 100%, but the general shape of the Paladin or Hero’s Kite Shields with different shading and shield ‘accents’ could be an option too? (Or, for that matter, you could keep the buckler shape and just replace the entire buckler shading/design (the elements inside the circle) with something new. I always like drawing inspiration from Diablo 2’s array of weapons and armor, so something like even the Small Shield could fit.)

…Speaking of Diablo, you said you were going to do magic casting poses for the Skeles too, right…? Totally should have magic glow type of effect on their hands like D2’s Skeleton Mage group enemies do…

[still likes the idea of the skeleton removing its skull and using it as an evil magic-casting orb]

3 Likes

I was creeping around on the spriters-resource website recently looking at stuff from old castlevania games and there are loads of cool monster type enemies in those games with sprites fairly similar in size to fe stuff. Don’t know if any are directly relevant to the t2 skeletons, but it’s a good resource nevertheless.

Isn’t the T2 supposed to look more impressive than the unpromoted version?
Wouldn’t giving it crappy armor be counter productive unless I make the T1 look crappier as well?
Plus the skeleton sprites I just saw when looking at Castlevania looked fancier than mine which kinda counters your point

Um, the promoted version would have a shield, that’s already a lot better than the unpromoted version.

A magic skeleton promotion should definitely be like Reuniclus from Pokemon.
With like, psychic orbs between all it’s bones floating around and stuff.

So yeah this is a thing now. Looking for feedback on the icon placement/size/colour/etc.

4 Likes

I’d probably move the icon down like 2 pixels just so it’s a bit closer to the map sprite. (Not sure how it would look on something like a Wyvern Lord with a Horseslayer, though.)

I think size is fine, but it might pop a bit more if the balloon was yellow or white with a red “!” instead of a red balloon.

White with red:

Red with black (fates style):

2 Likes

I prefer White with Red.

3 Likes

I think the Fates style looks better, has a better contrast, but the top one is more visible. Bonus if it blinks on and off.

1 Like

Fates style

1 Like

I actually like the white one, Fates style blends in a bit for me.

1 Like

As I suggested the option, I definitely prefer the white with red.

2 Likes

Cool, white with red it is. I could make it flash, but then I’d have to make it sync up with the other icons and do a bunch of stuff, so probably not.

3 Likes

White with red is OP. Good choice.

1 Like

Trying to change how the game handles items

3 Likes

Notice how Seth avoided using the Silver lance to heal himself? Confirmed Vampire.

6 Likes

Fixed up some glitches, and added a warning for weapons with 25 crit or higher (except 0xFF, to make it compatible with the Cannot Crit hack)

8 Likes

Although I still can’t change that box’s size, I can remove things on it or move things around.
Edit: Statuses work, too

Thoughts?

3 Likes