F2U/E Stories and Concepts

In the wake of an evergrowing society in the information age, we as a species have developed many concepts of stories. In our own community we have fostered many different stories pertaining to different types of scenarios. Whether it be political coups, re/demakes of beloved titles, or just pure meme hacks based on subculture, the FE community has been bountiful in maintaining a rich harvest of creativity. This creativity isnt just bound to stories though, there are countless spriters who also create beautiful works that are often the backbone of many hacks thanks to the F2U/E system.

Which is why I hope to coin a new application to this concept for storylines.

Yes, you read that correctly. The creation of stories and concepts that are Free to Use and Edit at ones will. (Mostly F2E since you can’t really TM an idea)

“But Ru, anyone can make up a barebones story on a whim on their own! They don’t need the help of a system like this!”

You are absolutely correct! However, having something like this in place would be useful to have in case someone can’t begin to create or start a new concept. This would be more like a “stepping stone” in gauging ideas and conceive the soul of a new game rather than just replacing someone’s own base creativity.

Is it stupid? Is it smart? I would like to hear everyone’s thoughts on this

5 Likes

One F2U/F2E plot coming up:

Setting: standalone / tellius prequel
Premise:
Main protagonist is a wolf laguz that has big dreams to see the world. coming from a tribe of wolf laguz tribe she starts as a standard laguz unit with stones.

One day the berouc/ humans attack her tribe scattering the survivors of her tribe to all corners of the continent. So starts the protagonist’s hero’s journey around the continent.

Time skip:
Forced to hide away her laguz heritage, protag joins a merc group to survive, now locked to swords. Gaining allies and skills protag becomes more gritty and cunning, an appose to her original nativite. Still she held hope members of her tribe yet lives and is surviving somewhere.

One day in an effort to protect some laguz children protag kills an important figure of government and gets outted on being a laguz. Stuff happens bla bla, day of her execution for the crime a noble but old af dude comes up and says " that’s my daughter’s child!!" Bamp!! Lyn reveal apparently she’s part beuroc and is a noble, que promo music, now protag can use stones and swords. Yada yada yada kill bad guys, establish less racist government, becomes lord of the land, marries with a gal, happy ending and then KABLUI, BAD ENDING jumpscare as she’s Asasinated by her haters. Protag dies in wives’s arms and dreams of a more peaceful and less racist continent

Themes/tags lol:
Racism, class divide, coming of age,
tragedy, legacy, inevitableness of death. Innocent lost

Pros:
Laguz protag, variety of cast members,

Cons:
Probably needs a lotta custom assets, social commentary topic which needs a writer with nuance

There’s something called the public domain. Also, real history.

u stupid

Now being serious, I see where you come from, maybe the title of the post could be different, because it feels like you’re asking for ideas so you can use them for a hack you want to make, instead of discussing ideas of hypothetical stories for hacks.

I agree with Gero, I’m not against this post acting as a place to brainstorm various ideas for FE hacks but labeling it as ‘F2U/E Stories’ does give off the wrong impression, as if it’s just some sort of public domain thing instead of users coming up with their own plots.

1 Like