Extra unit event please help me

i need help with the coding on extra unit event does any one have a link or a video i can watch or download descript anything ?

1 Like

This includes adding a player reinforcement. Please watch it.

I think they are refering to the Creature Campaign extra characters. I could also use a tutorial on their events :no_mouth:

Iirc that might partly be hard coded behaviour. I think I recall seeing it as part of the general MNC routine.

It checks if those specific global flags reserved for creature campaign units are on, and if the flag is on and the unit doesn’t exist, it loads them.

What were you trying to do?

Just lowering the requirements for Lyon and Selena. Make it so you only need to clear the ruins and the tower once to unlock them, respectively. Also maybe add a new unit to be unlocked after clearing a floor.

This is febuilder’s editor for it:

But it does not deal with the hard coded conditionals that you want to edit.

It looks like the asm for that can be found at 37CA0, which is called by 37D58, used in the “Retreat” command.

What I would recommend is that you instead simply edit the end event of a tower chapter to give you a unit or turn their global flag on if the unit doesn’t already exist. That’ll be much easier than editing the asm code.

1 Like

Editing the end event seems like something I can do. I’m checking Orson’s unlocking event right now and it’s scripted like this:

In that case, I would still need to set a custom flag for the appearance of the extra character, no? I would appreciate it if you could tell me how to set custom flags with FE Builder or point me toward a tutorial.

Just load1 + enun the units you want

Wouldn’t that cause the unit to be recruited every time the floor is completed? The tower is a repeatable location.

Edit: Not to mention, I’d like the unit to be recruited only during creature campaign.

Check that the unit exists, and if so, skip the load

Also check that it is creature campaign mode / defeated demon king flag, and if not, skip the load

U made other tutorials why not make another for this ? i watched all your videos so far i got everything down pack but just this difficult one

No.

The video above already covers how to load a unit. You do not need another video on loading a unit. Please refer to other guides if you are still not sure.

1 Like

Try being a teeny bit nicer. Resources exist, please don’t demand things from other members.

1 Like

So say if i wanted to load a character on ruins 6 and the completion flag is defeat all what should i set the turn start and turn end on

I do not understand this question. I cannot help you unless you are clearer about what you are trying to do and what you are having trouble with.

Nevermind just forget it thank you anyways

Just forget it but thanks anyway

So i try you method and this happen u see the red unit in the top left hand corner how can i fix ?

So I tried your method but this happened. Do you see the red unit in the top left hand corner? How can I fix that?

This isn’t enough information to go by. I could guess that maybe you are loading the same unit id as an enemy of a player, or maybe you accidentally made the new unit group an enemy instead of a player. But I have no clue. I cannot read your mind and I cannot see the data in your rom.

Please send a clearly written report7z if you are stuck with something. All I understand right now is that you are:

• trying to load a player unit in Lagdou ruins

and

• you don’t want that enemy unit in the top left on that map

If you send an unclear report7z, all I would do is delete the red unit for you.

Please see the below link on making a report7z.
https://dw.ngmansion.xyz/doku.php?id=en:guide:febuildergba:report7z

Okay u see that linus he is the new generated unit but that red unit always pop up with him its hard to explain it i cant send yhe report7z right now im at work