Weapon:lance

Str:6

Skill:5

Con:10

Def:8

Luck:0 (knoll much)

Other soon

6 Likes

Tbh, it all depends on the story & themes that you want to touch, as well as the setting and the tone of it.
But anyways, here’s the idea I had for a “lord” character:

• Name: Crom

• Class: Vagabond

• Sex: Male

• Weapon: Sword

• Weapon Name: Runic Blade (not affected by the weapon triangle, gives extra RES and is effective against dark magic classes)

• Skills: intimidate, rally, lockpicking

• Colors: Black, brown, blue

• Biography: A barbarian from the island of Thule, wanders the world in search of fortune and glory, with his prime objetive to let his mark in History. Reckless and extremly ambitious, seems to be motivated only by personal interest, yet tend to have strong bonds with certain people. His arc is pretty much him becoming a more humble and level-headed person, as well as a competent leader.

• Appearance: To make it easy to visualize, just imagine a design mix of Galzus, Osian and Deen from Thracia 776.

• Additional Details:
    -He doesn’t start with his personal weapon, but he gains it later on.

2 Likes

Name: Quagsire
Class: Water Fish
Sex: Any
Weapon: Water & Ground
Weapon Name: Earthquake
Skills: Damp, Water Absorb, Unaware
Colors: Light blue, dark blue, purple

8 Likes

So, right away I’m looking at the colour choices and noticing that there is already a trend of neutral tones, specifically grey (silver), white and black. I’m also noticing that some of these characters backgrounds link them to (what could be considered) a ‘harsher environment’ (barbarian, thief, etc.). I’d also like to encourage members to like each other’s posts, because these character ideas are (possibly) a reflection of one’s personal tastes. The way I see it, I feel lucky that even one member is choosing to share their ideas with the public.

4 Likes

Name: Marvin of House Tagonist
Class: Heir (Swords) (Infantry) → Unifier (Swords, Lances, Axes, Bows) (Cavalry).
Sex: Male
Signature Weapon: Cal’enture: Prf. Sword. Effective against Armors and cavalry. (Rapier stats). A blade gifted to those whose journey has only just begun.

Personal Skill:
Unifier: Grants +1 Dmg and 2% Hit and Avo for each ally within two tiles with a different class.

Colors: Blue, Orange

Biography: The heir apparent of house Tagonist, the rulers of the land of Storia, Marvin’s world is turned upside down when the Dark Lord Vergus conducts a massive attack that forces him and his family into hiding.

As he goes on his journey, he learns more and more not just about himself- but the world around him. And as he does so, what he finds is that Vergus may not have been something sudden, insomuch as something inevitable… but in the end, he will come out that much stronger for it.

Of course, that’s not quite the end of his story entirely- but that’s how, by the end of it, he is hailed as the man who united the continent.

Appearance: Think of Lawrence from The Heroes we Deserve, and there you go. That’s Marvin.

Additional Details:
Both of Marvin’s parents actually survive his journey, though not without complications.

Marvin starts off a typical sheltered noble with not much practical experience with the outside world, but by the end of it, he vows to not let his children grow up the same way (that is, ignorant of the suffering that exists outside the palace), and to work hard to rebuild the continent.

Marvin’s journey is also like Marth’s in that he has two whole adventures he’s a part of- what’s listed here is the data of his first one.

His mentor notes that Marvin has a great deal of arcane potential- but there’s not enough time during the adventure to really teach him how to properly harness it.

5 Likes

I’ll just post the one I’m using right now.
Name: Minerva Romulia
Sex: Female, She/Her
Colors: Emerald Armor, Brown Hair, Blue Eyes
Class: Wanderer (B Swords, D Lances) (Flying/Dragon) → Emerald Knight (Swords/Lances) (Flying/Dragon)
Starting Level: 6
HP: 30
Strength: 7
Magic: 0
Skill: 9
Speed: 7
Luck: 7
Defense: 8
Follow Up Critical Modifier: 1
Constitution: 5
Prf: Ascalon, a Greatsword that reduces physical damage taken by 25% when equipped.
Personal Skills:
Deathmatch: Fight 5 consecutive rounds with one opponent, or until either combatant dies.
Lifetaker: Restores 25% of Max HP upon defeating an enemy (Player Phase Only)

Appearance: TBD

Bio: A woman on a quest for revenge. (Can’t spoil too much now…)

2 Likes

Name: Vir
Class: Young Lord
Weapon: Sword
Weapon Name: I don’t really like perf weapons, but if I had to give it a
name, Aegislash??
Skill: Canto
Colors: Blue, red, Yellow

Biography: Prince of a land far from conflict, one could even say somewhat boring.
He has to embark on a war for reasons of conquest.

Appearance: Red hair like Roy’s, with red clothes with blue and yellow details, his face makes him look younger than he really is.

Additional details: He has Canto although neither in his base nor promoted class does he ride Horse, has its own green and red knights, a sword rider and an ax rider.

1 Like

Name: Rothast (originally just Rast)
Class: Reaper
Sex: Male
Weapon: Axes, maybe Dark Magic on promotion
Weapon Name: Verathos
Skills: Slayer, Lifetaker on promotion
Colors: Black, Blue, Purple

Biography: A street urchin, who was saved from a shadow monster by a career monster slayer. Having witnessed his selflessness in distracting the monster from his friends, the monster slayer trains him up as his successor. However, while on a routine hunt, Rothast gets separated from his master, and finds him again lying in a pool of his own blood. Since then, he’s carried on his teacher’s work, living in the shadow of the folk hero, until he finds convincing evidence that his teacher was murdered. Now he’s looking for revenge.

Appearance: Hard days when he was younger stunted his growth, and though he made up for it later, he’s surprisingly short. His black hair is kept short as well so it doesn’t get in the way. His armor is thick, but sparser around the joints so as not to impede his agility. He doesn’t wear a helmet so there’s nothing blocking his range of vision.

1 Like

Wait just a second…
Marvin of house Tagonist?
Marvin von Tagonist?
Moreovin 'on tagonist?
More of an antagonist?

Is this on purpose or just a funny coincidence?

1 Like

The name choice was deliberate, yes.

2 Likes

Ouu! I like this one. A short goth boy with a scythe? That’s what I’m picturing.

2 Likes

Name: Ness (short for Vanessa)
Class: Knight → General
Sex: F
Weapons: C Swords, B Lances, A Axes → C Bows on promotion
Prf: None, but weapon ranks ensure she’ll basically always be the first to use new weapons
Skills: Provoke (FE1 Marth-style where it takes maximum AI priority), Shove, Smite → Every single positional art on promotion (which can be augmented with a lategame equippable item that increases positional range to 5, giving her comically good mobility)
Colors: Purple, black, white

Biography: A fighter-for-hire in modern-day Magvel, part of a two-person team with her boyfriend Luke that takes jobs to deal with monsters that have begun reappearing across the continent. While their partnership is officially equal, she subconsciously considers herself the second-in-command since he’s better at doing the talking, making him the apparent MC until he gets crippled during a story event in the midgame and rendered permanently unplayable, leaving her to take on the role of leader that she struggles greatly with.

Appearance: Very tall and well-built with dark brown-grayish skin and ash-gray hair, since the setting is modern-day, her outfit is less “armor” and more “really well-padded biker gear”

Additional Details: Gameplay-wise, she’s the earlygame carry (her biker outfit comes fitted with Jagen shoulder spikes for good measure), then falls off slowly as maps get larger and more time-sensitive (she has so much Con that rescuing her is physically impossible at every stage in the game), becomes downright miserable for a time after Luke’s plotline removal (one chapter will have every single enemy with an armorslayer, longbow, or tome), and then bounces back in the endgame after her story promotion

2 Likes

First a more general overview of what i think could be nice for a lord.

• Class: do something weird, funny, unique. Gimme a bard, Old man Jagen, a berserker with broken arms and no strenght, a Spider Rider, a Bear, a chicken, i don’t care, just please don’t make it your run of the mill swordlord with a renamed rapier and stat spread similiar to eliwood or hector
  • Sex: I tend to read out dialogue on my first run, so man is easier to read, but other than that i don’t care
  • Age: anything goes, i think older lords could be quite interesting as they’re not often used
  • Weapon Name: really depends on context but just take a look at mythological weapons or things. Leonardo’s Lughnasad bow from Radiant dawn for example is named after a Celtic Festival
  • Skills: Something Unique

Now to work this onto an actual Protagonist, let’s go for something somewhat original

• Name: Garibald
  • Class: Great Knight
  • Sex: Male
  • Weapon: Axe A Rank, Sword & Lance C Rank
  • Weapon Name: Wotan, a gigantic Axe which energises the user with a fallen enemy’s lifeforce granting Galeforce. It has high might yet is quite inaccurate and heavier than Garibald.
  • Skills: Expertise: If your weapon level is akin to or over the enemy’s highest weapon rank, get +20 hit and +2 AS
  • Colors: I like Jagen’s Color so let’s go for Purple, Grey and Blue

Biography: Garibald is an old Veteran of a Kingdom, having served his entire Life in the Army, and going from rank-and-file footsoldier all the way to the rank of a Field Marshall. While all he really knows is war, he is eager for his retirement, all until a surprise ambush left the King and his closest Generals betrayed and dead on the ground. With a child-King on the throne, and the future of the state and it’s army quickly deteriorating he rises to the occasion and serves the empire in it’s darkest hour, being tasked with somehow organising a rag tag group of soldiers to resist the tides of enemy soldiers.
Appearance: Grey hair, clean shaven, Armor somewhat akin to Jagen and Duessel.
Additional Details: Maybe add event based or skill based Capture mechanics to recruit further soldiers.

4 Likes

I like your use of bullet points. I know personally I often spend several minutes formatting my posts or emails, to try and make it easier to read.

1 Like

Indeed, which is why I shall copy it shamelessly

• Name: Van
  • Class: Faolin
  • Sex: Female
  • Weapon: Wolf stone, promoted add swords
  • Weapon Name: Wolf stone, Wolf stone+, gives extra stats like manaketes
  • Skills: Hunter’s instinct, grants +20 avoid and 2 dmg when fighting on plains, bush or other nature tiles
  • Colors: Ike colors with grey hair, becomes a grey wolf when transformed

Biography: Tarzan but without the completely being human part. hates politics (aha funny), is probably gonna go through a dark arc where she can’t control her killer instinct or something like that. learns to use human tools throughout the story which is why she learns swords on promo.

3 Likes

Now that is interesting. I could easily see this being a sequel to Radiant Dawn, where we get to have more insight into the Laguz world.

1 Like
  • Name: Bess
  • Class: Witch
  • Weapon: mainly Anima, gains either Light or Dark upon promotion
  • Weapon Name: Andvaranaut, forged (written?) during the story
  • Skills: Flare
  • Colors: Mostly warm tones.

Biography: Hot-blooded. Comes from humble parentage. Taught herself magic.

Appearance: Flame-red hair in a style similar to what Silque has under her wimple, with a thin braid at the front. Tall, body looks almost like it’s been stretched. Torn robes.

Additional Details: Her main antagonist is a blue-haired tyrant with a sword. To Celica what a borzoi is to a wolf.

1 Like

I love a casual witch, on her journey to discover her own power. It’s a story that could easily translate to a Fire Emblem game. Actually, that gives me a good idea. What if we took that “witch school” trope and turned it into a Fire Emblem hack? You’d start with magic characters and slowly move towards getting knights and cavaliers, as these students drift away from school and get involved with greater civil conflict.

1 Like

That kinda reminds me to the first idea I had for a fangame. About a bunch of magic users that are persecuted by non-magic troops that want to erradicate the magic from the world.
The idea didn’t go far from that, tho.

1 Like

If that was the premise for a new project, at an indie or AAA game studio, I would get really excited. Instead of being limited to anima, light and dark, the elements could be further split and even create new magic types by re-purposing some of the staff effects like silence or berserk. Maybe we could add shapeshifters, to give it even more of a gothic witch movie vibe.

1 Like