[Completed] Snow & Fire: A Tactical RPG

That took me a lot longer than expected to fix. Uploading now, should be save compatible.

On Rio, I’m very impressed that you managed to defeat him on chapter 2. He is supposed to be a “hey, get moving and go to the castle!” timer. I might have to make him harder if you managed to take him out.

1 Like

Aaaand my internet died. Wonderful.

1 Like

I’m not really sure how you’re supposed to go any quicker, he has 6 mov and charges at you pretty quickly after you beat the pirates, and I didn’t think I was really turtling, as I had only just gotten past the bridge to the mainland with the castle around the time he moved.
My strategy to beat him was to place Clint on a fort, and he promoted mid battle, preventing him from getting doubled with the promotion bonuses bonuses. I think I got particularly lucky with RNG at first, as I remember Clint dodged an attack or two that was really nice.
Speaking of promotions, when do people promote? I don’t think it’s been any one consistent time. I’ve only had three units promoted at the moment, and I just got to the part where Rio gets rolling again on chapter 3.

EDIT: The game uh, won’t work for me anymore. Just crashes upon trying to play.

Well, that’s no good. Can you go the saves folder and send debug.log.1? What were the exact things that you did prior to the first crash?

Units promote upon reaching level 13

1 Like

I opened up the game, and tried continuing from where I left off. I tried both the normal continue method, and the method via cheats.
Never really dropped this stuff before but here’s my debug log.

1 Like

What part had you gotten to? I think it’s fixed but want to pin down the exact enemy that caused the error. Were you in Aurinko yet? Had you made it to the islands to the west?

1 Like

I was not in Aurinko, I was still on the main starting section of the map, before a single objective had been completed (besides killing the boss), because I hadn’t been able to get the boats to move. I reinstalled it to allow the boats to move so I could actually make progress, but opening the map period crashes the game.

1 Like

Oh, also could you go to the saves/ folder and send the file “L2T[Highest number]”?

1 Like

I found the fix, thanks again. Uploading now.

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZCR6SU8mNcQ4ea8NsLqcAEjXgkNjbB4B/view?usp=sharing

Just saw this now, let me know if that works.

I also managed to beat Rio, but I think I kind of cheesed it as well? I let him follow me to the castle where he doesn’t engage with the green unit generals. You can then use Awareness and Noble Blood along with a lucky hit or two from one of your spear users to take him down. I didn’t think he moved too early, I’m not sure if it’s turn or placement based, but when I got most of my units to the berserker boss area he started moving in, so I didn’t have too much trouble outpacing him.

Yeah, a few people have reported this. He’s supposed to be the “get moving” timer of the end of Ch2, so I think I’ll add a few scary enemies nearby him to indicate that people should be speeding up, not fighting.

Honestly, I don’t even know what to make of this. Coming into a month-old thread to complain about some religious curse word out of nowhere? It’s up to you what to believe and have a problem with, but keep it in DMs, please.

7 Likes

So, is it normal for Imani to never get SP in the first chapter? When I try to use her to heal people, it shows her sp increasing from 0 to 2. Then the next time it happens, it’s from 0 to 2 again.

I believe that’s a bug with the graphics display. What SP does it say on her info screen?