[COMPLETE][FE8][Completed, 26 Chapters and a Mini Route Split] Touhou Emblem ~ Not The Reskin!

Okay, so triggering Lunasa’s and Merlin’s support actually causes Tethys’ and Ewan’s support conversation to start (with Momiji’s portrait in Tethys’ place and Keine’s in Ewan’s).

that’s a rip

luckily i didn’t write any support convos so that’s a non-concern

i’ll probably patch that up for consistency

My experience with Luna was vastly different. As long as she procs a little bit of speed (10 speed at level 20 will probably be enough), she will in fact shrug off most physical weapons, and this was on an older version where enemies had higher-tier weapons. She’s amazing with a Rapier, and she can get away with using the Hatchet thanks to her high strength.

Personally I actually had a harder time raising her sword rank, but she doesn’t need a lot of it and the payoff is worth it, because she can keep in check cavalry and armors like no other unit can. She feels tailor-made to deal with those enemy types, perhaps because that’s what an axe knight does best.

Also, I probably don’t need to say this, but the key here is to respect the defensive stats of your army, just as much as you’d respect their speed stat. This hack has DSFE avoid, Reaver weapons are not good enough to offset that, and even Chen on Player Phase has a real chance of getting hit by axe users in the early game. With careful plays, however, you can handle it no problem even on Lunatic.

Luna starts at level 5, so while knowing that she eventually becomes good is nice, you still need to make her work in the meantime. Yes, she can use swords, which don’t slow her down, and the Rapier for effectiveness, but still, she’s an Axe Cavalier so it would be nice if she could, you know, work with axes. And, while Hatchets are neat, you don’t get one until chapter 10, so that’s six chapters where using axes makes you get doubled by anything that isn’t a Guard.

It’s not like she’s unusable, but she requires far more effort to work that, say, Suika.

The Weapon Triangle sure is something...

Lunasa Weapon Triangle

Also, Dai could use a higher Res cap. She’s promoted level 3 and has already capped Res.

i’ll tweak sniper caps, since they’re still stuck at vanilla anyway

that’s actually pretty curious, the WTA bonus for lance vs sword should only be -2 atk, although, considering how eff damage works, that -2 atk might be incredibly detrimental

So… Eirin and Kaguya have joined my army… Even though nobody’s dead…

Also, Kaguya comes with Renewal instead of Imbue, but I don’t know if that’s intentional or not.

And Kaguya would probably prefer female Sage caps over the male ones.

Also, on chapter 15, once Shizuha Minoriko starts moving, she moves as if her skill wasn’t active.

And triggering Hina’s and Nitori’s B support doesn’t send any feedback to the player.

And I’ve just promoted Reimu and her promotion gains are enough to cap her Res… Is it my imagination or is her Str cap higher than her Mag cap?

1 Like

-well, that’s weird, i guess i have to check the goddamn eventing again. curse febuilder

-that one is intentional due to imbue being stinki

-k

-weird

-that’s also weird

-i didn’t pay that much attention to caps, so that’s a possibility

oh right, i remember now. Kaguya and Eirin join you because i was testing something out and forgot to remove it in the eventing. that’s why. mb

i altered sniper and fantasy maiden caps, as well as magician caps, to better fit the units they’re supposed to represent, as well as fixed the nitori-hina support.

the only thing i can’t figure out is shizuha.

i’ll roll out these fixes later these week, i’ll wait to see if there’s any other bugs you might have run into. thank you for your support and your patience in dealing with my shitty dev habits

1 Like

Okay, I mixed up the Akis in my previous post (the one that I was talking was Minoriko, not Shizuha. Still, I think I managed to get my point across).

I remember seeing shops and some ruins back in chapter 2, though you couldn’t visit either. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

I feel that Suika’s skill could use a small buff: the heal itself is on the low side and is attached to a condition, which clearly pales in comparison to Renewal. Granted, I don’t think she needs something on the level of Renewal, but still, a buff would be nice.

Another skill that could use a buff is Youmu’s: it grants her +10 crit if she has no ally in 3 tiles, which sounds nice until you realize that that means no supports, and having two B rank supports grants her the same crit bonus while also granting her other bonuses.

And talking about supports: while you can have as many B rank supports as you want at the same time, it doesn’t seem to let you have multiple A rank supports at the same time (excluding Star, who starts with them).

Is there any reason there’s two vendors in chapter 16 that sell the exact same things?

Chapter 17 music doesn’t loop.

Momiji’s skill doesn’t seem to work.

Also, I feel like Heroes could use a bit more Con, since Axes tend to be kind of heavy.

I wish Lunasa didn’t get instant S rank Lances on promotion, since she’s my main axe user, but oh, well.

I don’t know if the fact that the conversation between Marisa and Nitori in chapter 17 can only be started by Marisa is intentional or not.

While the event to acquire Fury works, I don’t think Kaguya’s portrait is supposed to appear there.

And Cirno could also use a higher Res cap.

Due to splitting Str and Mag, the sorting function of the Unit menu doesn’t work properly: sorting by Magic sorts by Skill, sorting by Skill sorts by Spd, etc.

I like the shifting idea with Keine, but I think it needs some work: she can shift during Canto and Canto away as a Sage, she can rescue someone as a Cataphract, shift and keep them rescued despite the lowered aid, and I don’t think Sage Keine is supposed to have only 2 Con. Also, the message about having learned Shadowgift starts getting annoying after enough shifts.

Have you considered giving the Prismrivers Triangle Attack?

-Still have no idea why that happens or if i can even fix Minoriko’s movement problem

-I just put the ruins and vendor there earlier and then never bothered to do anything with them

-For anything about skill buffs, I don’t work with ASM so I’ll just put a forewarning that you shouldn’t expect anything on my part for that if I can’t figure anything out. There’s probably a few things I could do, though.

-For supports, I think that’s just an FEGBA thing

-Ch16 Vendors is probably a fuckup on my part

Oooor not, I guess I decided that there would be two vendors for the purpose of convenience.

-Ch 17 Music will get fixed

-You can get more than one S rank in this hack, so you don’t need to worry about Lunasa being unable to hit S rank axes.

-Marisa only being able to talk to Nitori and not the other way around is intentional

-For the Fury event, I guess I’ll have to recheck that

-People actually check the unit menu?

-Well, I guess I need to redo the math. I also can’t do anything about the shadowgift thing

-Eh, sure. Why not, I’ll look into giving the Prismrivers a Triangle Attack.

Thank you for the feedback, I’ll look into these issues/suggestions ASAP

3 Likes
What happened to the background?

Also, I’ve noticed that Summoners and Sorcerers have the same description.

And it seems the game still considers 30 to be the Luck cap, since Cirno isn’t getting Luck in her level-ups anymore…

And Mokou gets Mag level up despite being capped

Nitori capped Def at level 4 after promotion.

Are the Komeijis playable? If not, are there plans of making them replacement units?

-Background is fucked up for reasons i am unsure of because my eventing is crappy, but if I find a solution, I will work on it.

-That’s an error that I’ve laid off of fixing for awhile, I’ll tackle that next.

-Mokou leveling magic despite being capped is something I’m unsure of how to fix. It’s a minor visual bug so I don’t think it’s a huge problem.

-The Komeijis are playable as replacement units.

How many units need to fall to recruit the Komeijis?

I believe it was 19

Dear author, I really thank you for making such a good revision for us, I really love this revision, but I still have a question to ask you, no matter I choose Soga or Kyouko in chapter 21, chapter 22 is going into Wicked Hermit, is there any solution?

I’ve just noticed that Forged Axe is a D rank axe, unlike all other forged weapons which are C rank. Is there any reason for that?

Is Yamame paying to Kisume without asking the player intended?

Also, it would be neat if Kisume came with her own Master Seal, because I don’t have any left at this point of the game.

Thought I solved that, unless you’re playing on an outdated patch

1 Like

Forged Axe being D rank is unintended, I’ll fix that

Yamame paying Kisume regardless is also another fuckup, I hate eventing yes/no things. That’ll be fixed

I can also oblige with the free Kisume master seal