[COMPLETE][FE8][Completed, 26 Chapters and a Mini Route Split] Touhou Emblem ~ Not The Reskin!

I agree 100% 0 bias

1 Like

:me, a fan of Rumia: “Oh boy, a Touhou Romhack for Fire emblem, I wonder if Rumia is recruitable in it.”
:recruitable only on the last stage: “Well crap.”

unfortunate that its no longer being worked on, but I appreciate any touhou hack that allows Rumia playable, time to play the entire game just to recruit her.

Also I was not expecting to hear PVZ2 music in pick the units screen. very based.

2 Likes

Rumia being recruitable in the final stage wasn’t something I planned on

but I decided to add it in for the sake of comedic purposes

I left the hack for a while, and wow, it’s still going on. Congrats on some of the new designs.

Thank you. I’m currently working on another version of the hack

oh wait i forgot to announce that to everyone that i’m doing that but that’s everyone’s announcement lol

It’s not gonna be done for awhile because I have a lot more on my plate atm (honkai star rail)

8 Likes

new tofu hack hype? count me in~

WHAT IS UP EVERYONE IT’S YA BOI, HONKAI STAR RAIL ADDICT HERE

back at it again with another update

So obviously the most important thing is that i sunk 140 rolls into kafka and only got E1 Bronya

so now i’m crying and saving for Dan2 as i’m sitting at 68 pity with a guarantee

Next is that i’m currently working on something else atm that isn’t touhou emblem

shocker, I know

It’s a private hack for a server i’m in and that’s taking up a lot of my time, but I just wanted to give everyone the false hope that i’ll get back to the 2huemb grind one day.

Well I mostly just wanted to discuss what I wanted out of a new 2hu emb version

-The most obvious is probably an updated tileset and new maps as you’ve seen by the redux beta.
-I would be starting with a fresh rom, which means that the funny ass growth items would not be available since the growth items were only possible with some weird wizardry I even can’t replicate myself.
-I wanted to make the game even more gameplay focused because 2hu emb at the end of the day is more like my personal sandbox for gameplay that I slapped 2hu on so all you fools would play it, because apparently marketing and brand recognition works (jk i love you all). It’d probably be a harder game, but at the same time i’d probably also introduce a baby casual mode for the peeps who don’t wanna deal with my shenanigans, as a fair trade off. Also there’d be 100% 10x more ways to cheese because I enjoy that type of shit.
-More characters? It might be possible if I can get the right patches to work, but no promises!
-I might actually take the story seriously this time who knows

But yeah that’s just what I was thinking in my head don’t think i’m gonna drop what i’m doing and start on touhou emblem for the next few months unless @Tezuka_Yamigami over here holds me at gunpoint

5 Likes

Well, wouldn’t you look at that.

Another deal with the devil it is.

2 Likes

i can’t believe i’m placing my bets on a contest i want you to win

LETS GO!!!

2 Likes

He didn’t win the contest.

But he did win another one so now i’m legally obligated to work on a Redux and complete it

I’m also making Tezzie learn ASM so we might be able to get something cooler going up on redux

in the meanwhile here’s the absolute state of the Touhou Emblem meta for those of you who aren’t in the discord

8 Likes

That’s gotta be pretty chaotic, but good luck on the future work!

i’m not really sure who is still following this thread but isn’t in the discord, but on the off chance that applies to you here’s your quarterly-ish update.

custom mugs: wow it’s been like 10 months since i last posted anything about them here. i’m now pretty close to done them all, just need to do revisions and actually make the spritesheets for most of them.

check em out:

i have also now been roped into revamping the hack’s music into something better than just piano. all the completed songs will be uploaded to this YT playlist here.

though unfortunately in regards to the above, i will be out of town and unable to work on the music for the next several weeks, so i dropped a patch in the discord today that includes all my graphics and music improvements so far. Download here. it has

• 23 of the new mugs, mostly earlygame but a couple later on too
  • revamped music basically through to chapter 11
  • and revised cutscenes through to chapter 7 (i couldve done more but got lazy lol)

idk when rye is going to actually start on reredux so hopefully this can tide people over in the meantime :,)

7 Likes

That Rumia portrait is sick, thanks a ton for sharing. heres hoping for that redux someday.

Oh i finished touhou Emblem (the regular one, not Redux). It was very fun ride!

The game was hard at the start but later you get some very strong tools so it balances out. I especially liked the final fight, very creative even if map was a little bland, the enemy roster and boss was not.

Honestly i miss support conversations, i think they would work nicely in this game. Then again doing them might take too much time and Touhou series isnt known for deep elaborate story anyway…

As for units most of them had very fun stats but i noticed at the early maps everybody is frail as hell with exception of Suika. Like seriously give us at least one more tank. I dont think we get one until like Luna (and its like half-tank i guess) which is chapter 5 i believe? At least offence isnt lacking.

Overall i recommend this to anyone who just want to have good gameplay-based time. If you seek more story thangameplay… well there isnt much of a story. It’s a touhou hack, so youll get usuall touhou shenanigans instead of complex narrative.

1 Like

There’s a few defensive units, Suika, Luna(ish), Lunasa (severely underrated), and Hina

I’m not a big fan of defense so generally i lean towards offense (my definition of a wall is a unit that can take more than 2 hits)

But I’m glad you liked the hack! I’m happy a lot of people enjoyed my work even though I believe I can personally do better. I hope that once I actually get the motivation to get off my ass, I can provide more fun gameplay experiences for everyone (fun as in I’m evil and you have all stepped into my domain)

1 Like

I mean yeah Lunasa and Hina are good tanks but you get them way later compared to Suika (isnt suika literally chapter 1?) and Luna so they half-count. I also didnt looked at them much because my Reimu got def-blessed enough to tank stuff…

Then again you can argue that you rarely need two tanks until late game and Suika is excellent one.

Also yes i liked that hack a lot and i dont feel it lacked much (except support convos lol). thank you for making this and i hope you get motivation to do more. Hey, as long as its fun to make am i right? :smiley:

1 Like

There’ll be more to come.
-Yukong, Honkai Star Rail

3 Likes

Ehe~ :heart:

horrid

2 Likes