Community Blitz 4: Reawakening (Version 1.0 Out!)

First blitz that has finished in deadline since the first VBA. 5 Blitzes have failed inbetween.
23 Full Chapters!

Link to Patch

We’ve included the debug mode in the patch, because this is not tested extensively and you can skip chapters if you break the game.

The project folder can be found in the discord server. Also give all of your bug reports in the server (or here I guess)

Have Fun

19 Likes

I’m glad to be part of the project and be able to finish it on time, a feat that hasn’t been accomplished since VBA. Of course, there are many problems we’d like to weed out, so it’d be great if you could send us feedback on our discord server.

We strive to make the game as great as possible. It may not be much in its current state, but eventually we hope to create something as great as the original VBA.

2 Likes

I… made one chapter! Apparently one of the worst ones in the game?

It was my first time doing buildfiles, so at least that was something?

4 Likes

Making a bad chapter just means you know what not to do the next time.

3 Likes

Hey, my chapter literally broke the game until 2 days before release and we had no idea what caused it.

2 Likes

Congrats on getting this out guys.

1 Like

Blitz more like uhh shitz haha goteem

11 Likes

Idk if I’m playing the wrong version or whats going on but i noticed a lot of the skills are not working through the first couple chapters

Try the version from github

https://github.com/Peer56/CommunityBlitz4/blob/master/FE8_hack.ups

I fixed all the broken skills a while back.

2 Likes

No audio?

First off, sorry for the necropost.

Second off, I decided to finish this in the span of a few days. Far as I can tell, I’m the only person who’s actually bothered to complete it. It’s easy to see why; a lot of chapters are out-right completely broken, with things like doors being walls that you can’t open, chapter objectives like repairing villages that crash, chests that don’t work, characters randomly getting – movement permanently, characters randomly getting debuffs that don’t go away, promotions being completely dysfunctional, incomplete chapters with enemies often in the wrong classes or the wrong weaponry, four unused characters, and a myriad of lesser issues I found throughout playing the game, I ultimately didn’t end up enjoying it as much as I could.

However, I did have a lot of fun replaying through it and looking back at how my own contributions had influenced the project. It was that same weird, fuzzy feeling that kept me shackled to Resonance for years, but at the same time, I certainly was compelled enough to go out and use my limited internet time to fix a few things like with the broken promotions. I’d like to fix all the completion bugs in the chapter in the future so that the hack can be completed without having to jump into FEBuilder to add the right promotion branch for Axe Paladins, and then have to keep a mental note to fix that again because the Axe Paladin wasn’t assigned axe animations.

I’m honestly a little compelled to learn how to use buildfiles to fully fix the project since I’ve got a really nasty burnout with Skliros Saga. There’s a lot of potential here that I think would be a shame if it went to waste. It’s not every day that you see a hack with all of its chapters complete out of the blue, and I did have a lot of fun with the chapters.

The next post i make on the thread will contain a bunch of fixes as well as an extensive review on the hack itself, something I usually don’t do since I rarely finish hacks. I might also revive the discord server, something I should’ve done months ago when the old one vanished.

6 Likes

oh right this exists

2 Likes

I forget as well

1 Like

Current Progress: Increased all deployment slots to be consistent, added Ria’s promotion and fixed all existing promotions, added all unrecruitable characters and Neige, added Ria’s regalia weapon, adding boss quotes, fixed all chapters to be legitimately completable. May adjust item drops to be more coherent and enemy placements so things like Male Halberdier don’t go unused. Fixed Ingrid and Chapter 6 villages crashing the game (though they may still crash on VBA or MyBoy)

Should have a patch in a few days. I’ll edit this with screenshots.

5 Likes

must be a perfect time for community blitz 5 then

2 Likes

dear god no

3 Likes

The fifth will happen when FEU is ready, and God knows we’re not.

3 Likes

I decree it now, that Community Blitz 5 is hereby known as Community Blitz 776.
This is canon.

8 Likes

Reminder that if you’re making fixes you should probably update the github

maybe i should finish putting in those palettes that i stopped doing because the project seemed dead

This is just a quick hotfix in FEBuilder just to make the game playable; if we ever decide to update it again we’re reverting any changes I make