Carcino 803 [Short 7 Chapter Hack]

Carcino 803 is a short, 7 chapter side-story to Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones! Since we don’t see much of Carcino within the base game, I decided to expand on the little we did see by creating a story with unique characters in a familiar world.

Join the honorable Loyalists in their fight against Elder Pablo’s greedy Revolutionaries and save Carcino from ruin! The story is heavily character based, shown through the small roster combined with many FE4-style Talk events available throughout different maps. Gameplay is reminiscent of Thracia with the Capture mechanic, along with a hint of Fates in the ability to recruit generic enemies after a battle! Primary allies and antagonists have personal skills, but most of the game should be close to vanilla FE8 in terms of mechanics and difficulty. A lot of the fun of the game comes from the risk and reward of capture, gambling on whether you should steal the enemy’s high-end equipment or play it safe and just kill them outright.

In-game Guide

This game features a guide that gets updated at the start of each map. The guide is split into two distinct parts: General Info and Chapter Info.
General Info gives mechanical advice on things like Capturing, Fog of War, Promotion, etc.
Chapter Info gives some hints on certain maps for turn requirements that are not immediately obvious.
Be sure to check out the guide if something is unclear! It might have the info you’re looking for without outright giving you the solutions to tough situations.

Screenshots

Credits

Special Thanks
7743 - Made FEBuilder + Various Patches

Patches
Agro
Brendor
aera
Huichalaar
cirecleseverywhere
Contro
Vesly
Kaito
Stan
Tequila
Hextator
Zane
Leonarth
VennoBennu
Gryz
Snakey1

Music
SaXor the Nobody
Tristan Hollow
DerTheVaporeon
hypergammaspaces
RandomWizard
SurfingKyogre
Sme
Pandan
RSFlame
Psyche
Scraiza
Mycahel
Dolkar
MysteriousDancer
SwiftSaturn
hypergammaspaces
MrGreen3339
Raulster
Azula

Portraits
Flasuban
RandomWizard
KrashBoomBang
MrGreen3339
CanDy
CapibaraInSpace
Its_Just-Jay
AmBrosiac
Smug Mug
Dave Athaulf
Wasdye
GenericPretsel
Ghostblade913
LaurentLacroix
Lt Smirks
Scraiza
DerTheVaporeon
SSHX
XVI
Zelkami
Sphealnuke
Kanna
Imperial
Glaceo
Mr_Karkino
Plant_Academy
Levin
Obsidian Daddy
Relic
XPGamesNL

Animations
DerTheVaporeon
SHYUTERz
Aruka
Kenpuhu
Its_Just_Jay
TBA
Knabepicer
GabrielKnight
JPN
Leo_link
Nuramon
Iscaneus
The_Big_Dededester
Alusq
Maiser6
Seal
Spud
MeatofJustice
Temp

Other Art
Indogutsu Tenbuki
Orihara Saki
Nuramon
Its_Just_Jay
Flasuban
ArcherBias
Eldritch Abomination
The Blind Archer
Zelix
2WB

Download Link (Please patch to FE8U)

25 Likes

Congrats for the release ! Always like to see FE8 universe getting some love !
The capture-recruit mechanics sounds very fun to experiment with, will be sure to give it a try ! :smile:

2 Likes

Happy to see more roms utilize capture! I’ve always thought it was a fun mechanic.

1 Like

I quite like romhacks that are short and simple sometimes (nothing wrong with being ambitiously big), but quality will always be better than quantity.

1 Like

I just finished the demo. I loved it

1 Like

It’s been almost 2 months since I’ve updated this hack. Whoops. I don’t have much to show because my hard drive crashed and everything I added after the FEE3 Demo couldn’t be recovered, which put me off of the project for a while. I’ve finally gotten back into the swing of things and am slowly remaking what I had before, starting with the chapters that are already playable. This includes changes to character’s bases, growths, starting items, as well as some tweaks to dialogue and enemy AI (Sorry for all of the people who had to deal with the boss of Chapter 4’s constant attack. That was not the original intention of the map.)
Screen
The most notable gameplay change is the addition of gem shards. These can be found on various enemies on the map and will become increasingly common as the game goes on. Currently there are only 3 in the game; one shard in chapter 3 and two shards in chapter 4. They exist only to be sold as well as an incentive to bring thieves, a class which is otherwise useless except in chapter 4.
There are no other changes to the game, so if you’ve already played up to the Intermission then there’s no reason to apply the new patch. The next update will likely be a fully playable release all the way to the credits, which probably won’t be released until January.

TL;DR
New patch contains a few updates, but nothing noteworthy if you’ve already completed the demo.
Full release with new maps will probably come out in January.

1 Like

So, this was a complete lie! Turns out I was much busier than I originally expected to be. The worst thing by far was my waning interest in the project. But I have worked on it on and off for the past year and a half, nearly all the way to completion!
I’d say it’s ~98% done, I just need to do some touch ups here and there before I put out the complete version. This developer update is mostly just here so that I could post this stupid joke before the end of June. Expect the updated patch to be out within the first week of July.
Happy Pride, everyone!

10 Likes

Finally, Carcino 803 is released! The new patch has just been made public and is playable from start to finish. I hope that the time I took to release it helps to make it feel like a more polished work, especially compared to its rough demo state. As always, please enjoy!

10 Likes

Is this mod completed yet? If so you might want to edit the thread title to say it is Complete and add the Complete Tag I know people will be more willing to check out a Complete Hack than a in progress one.

Also I will check this hack out because I love hack that expand the stories of the main game.

Question I just finish Chapter 1 and Fenix got promoted to a Halberdier at level 5 and Loran got promoted at level 8 why is that?

Love that any Enemy unit you capture in the previous chapter instantly become your unit the next chapter:

Question if I release a captured enemy he will die and I won’t be able to recruit him right?

Your non-generic characters can promote at the start of each map assuming that they’ve reached a certain stat threshold. This is mentioned in the Guide after Chapter 1. The guide gets updated at the start of each map.

If you’re really curious about the stat thresholds, here’s a list for each character’s promotion. I think it’s more interesting to go in without this knowledge for a first playthrough, but there’s no real harm in it.

Promotion Requirements

Fenix: 4 Magic
Loran: 6 Strength
Brooke: B Rank Swords
Orchid: 8 Skill
Vern: 10 Speed

Carter: 12 Luck

Janice: A Rank Lances

Yeah, only enemies held at the end of the map will actually be recruited.

1 Like

wait you can recruit Janice I saw her in the support list but did not know how to recruit her and kill her instead. I got Carter by talking to him with Fenix

I got a Dummy sword from opening this chest. I don’t think I should get this

Finally Done with this Romhack

This hack was a nice tie in with the main FE8 Game which I really like. Which show you that beside Klimt there are other Elders in Carcino that fight for the republic of Carcino to be liberated from Pablo’s rule and it show how the action of Erika’s Group from the Main Game help to liberate the country.

Typo Here It is not Monet(she died remember) but Frida

Thank you I had a lot of fun! :smile:

Here is my end game team

The Generic Dancer’s Portrait is my favorite

Got this rouge in chapter 6 so I didn’t have time to train him but knew I needed him so I captured him

Thank For the Great Hack I Like it A lot!

2 Likes