Byleth in Smash

Nintendo goes where the money is. Fire Emblem has become one of if not it’s leading cash cow right next to Pokemon which is why i’m already prepared for that new fighting legendary from Sword and Shield to be in the next fighters pass.

The thing with FE reps is I think people would have an objective point if they weren’t so anti FE period. Because there’s a legit argument that FE characters aren’t represented in the best way that fits their character in game, like Ike not being able to use the Ragnell’s shockwave. Other characters in Smash have this issue too, Sonic and Ganondorf come to mind.

2 Likes

Days remaining until Ganon gets decloned: ???

2 Likes

I do not really know how they would represent sonic any better. Also, doesn’t ike now have swordbeams on neutral special?

Good luck with that :joy:

1 Like

Use some of his chaos powers for one.

And no Ike doesn’t, you’re thinking of them giving Link his sword beam for his forward Smash at zero damage.

He barely ever uses Chaos Control tho and he never ever used anything else really. Except superform, which is his final smash.

Fair which is more Sega’s fault than anything but i think it would be nice to have.

Hoes mad

1 Like

Maybe the three will be in assist trophy
And kill byleth for their weapons
Lol edelgard edgeguard

wow! you’re such a funnyman! i am indeed a mad hoe for having an opinion! wouldn’t it be funnier if you said that over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and

People:“People hating byleth are insanely toxic”
Also People:“let’s spam everyone not hung up on hate with hoes mad memes just because they disagree with our subjective opinions and sakurais devchoice which they do not have to agree with since it is DLC”

P.D.: This whole controversy has reminded me that Smash fans are actually pretty lucky. When a game hits the airwaves for the wrong reasons, it’s usually due to the developer adding nasty microtransactions, saying something politically controversial, the game being unfinished without any guarantee that a patch will fix it, the game having false advertising, whatever the fuck a situation like Dexit counts as, etc. etc. etc.

Meanwhile, the reason why the fanbase went to war, and the reason why the controversy became popular is because they added one blue-haired swordfighter too many to a game with 80 characters. But his hair isn’t blue, and he’s barely even a proper swordfighter. If anything, this whole “controversy” (seriously, the premise of it all is ridiculous compared to gaming’s average controversy, are they so spoiled that THIS made them go batshit crazy?) reminded me that Smash fans are toxic for the umpteenth time and that the FE fanbase still has their toxic side. But at this point, I’ve accepted that everyone is toxic in one way or another.

Also, check out this guy calling out the smash fanbase HARD. The prime example of “my fellow fans doth protest too much”: https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1711356-byleths-smash-dlc-announcement#comments

3 Likes

3 Likes

Let’s face it. No matter who the 5th DLC character was, it would still raise the ire of hoes.

6 Likes

Looking back at it I have a feeling Byleth could have been foreseen for some odd reason some time before the direct. I feel like it would be natural for there to be a spirit event of some sorts where they add spirits of 3H characters into the game like what they did when sword and shield released so idk

2 Likes

I knew people would just completely forget about it in less than a week. This thread is very inactive and the controversy is no longer trending. Now the next step is people that complained about Byleth when they were first announced in Smash buying 3H when the Byleth DLC comes out. You know it’s gonna happen.

All that expression of anger and pissing matches were just free real estate for advertising. My heart aches when I think of it that way.

3 Likes

Well to be fair I don’t think anybody here or in the FE community en mass is upset at the inclusion, it’s either been hype or “Oh OK”. Also I started this thread just to ask what people in the community felt and thankfully it’s been pretty civil.

The anger and controversy is coming from people who aren’t FE fans who hate FE characters in Smash which is still going very strong unfortunately.