Byleth in Smash

Yeah, it’s not a surprise given 1) Sakurai is a known FE fan and 2) 3H sold really well and is still getting lots of praise in the press, so it’s a natural pick imo.

4 Likes

Byleth is whatever but I wanted Sora so I was sad for the day.

Basically they had to choose a singular character from 3H. Picking one of the lords would likely feel like playing favorites so I think giving Byleth all of the lord’s weapons and skins to represent them was probably the best move.
Also, the west is a poor measure for a Japanese based game - they love Byleth and he was consistently topping character vote polls there.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Remember Hero and Banjo? The west only cared for Banjo (in general because I and others were HYPE) meanwhile you look in the east and they were equally hype for Banjo and Hero.

The western smash audience is terrible lmao.

3 Likes

I was waiting for this lmfao

hoes are feeling the mad

1 Like

Sakurai should have embraced the salt and added Itsuki from TMS.

1 Like

Smash is just a salt mine for Sakurai now lol, they knew this would happen

Fire Emblem has more reps than Zelda and that’s a pretty huge deal…giving me mixed feelings here

1 Like

I expected a 3rd party and I would rather have Dimitri.

But the best part is that he cucked XC2 from this pass.

I am not so hyped for byleth because it basicly undermines that FE has some pretty amazing characters + it means little overall as it is the third avatar and a sword again. On the other hand, at least byleth fixes the problem that the series was majorly underrepresented as the only weapontype variation before this point was robin using magic.

I have no idea what the people who do not like FE are onto tho. There are at least 6 more characters, so…

2 Likes

Can’t wait for them to add Lot to Smash

FE fans don’t even like FE, let alone Byleth.

Edit: I’m just happy to see that Waluigi still isn’t playable.

1 Like

It’s a wasted DLC slot, Smash doesn’t need any more FE characters. There are a lot of better choices than a Teacher with a Loil dragon girl in their soul (Only gathering from what I saw from the trailer as I haven’t personally play H3 yet)

Me when I express my disappointment for Byleth and someone does yet another fucking hoes mad meme in response

2 Likes

they refunded the “wasted” slot by giving us 6 characters in pack 2

2 Likes

Me personally I think Byleth looks super fun but the main reason I’m excited is because as a Mewtwo main I’m going to have fun reflecting charged Failnaught on Quickplay against fools at 40%

1 Like

tenor

3 Likes

4 Likes

Tbh I was going to be very surprised if they weren’t somehow in Smash. I’m more surprised at how long it took for the announcement. I can’t help but wonder if there was a switch up in DLC order.

Seeing people calling the slot wasted reminds me when I was small and constantly threw game n watch off the edge in brawl cause roy seemed cool but wasn’t in Brawl and blamed him and rob cause I had no idea of their histories game wise.

Plus we all know they’re putting the lords in the smash game because if they opened it up to all FE characters we all know there would be some ultra overpowered fighters there.

Though I want Lucius in the game somehow

2 Likes