Byleth in Smash

So is anyone here happy that Byleth made it in as DLC? I was a bit shocked. I thought it would be Edelgard.

9 Likes

Disappointed if i’m going to be completely honest, I wasn’t exactly looking forward to more FE characters in smash but hey, Byleth Kirby is cool so we take those
in the end, all DLC characters are just new Kirby copy abilities and nothing more

3 Likes

He was one of my most wanted characters, and I’m so glad he made it in.

Too bad the community is reacting just like you’d expect.

8 Likes

I’ve been laughing at the salt all day my friend :rofl:

5 Likes

That’s fair. I wasn’t blown away by the reveal trailer and I think this was the weakest of the DLC far as presentation goes. With that said I’m fine with Byleth being in.

3 Likes

Byleth Joins Smash House was a pretty weird tagline.

I still like how the trailer used the same animation style as the game at least.

4 Likes

As someone who loves fire emblem and like smash as well. I gotta say that I am way more than excited for Byleth. I will agree that there are a lot of fire emblem characters. (And three of them are pretty much echoes).

However, Byleth doesn’t play like an average sword user, he doesn’t even have a counter ability. He/She will definitely be my second main and probably the only DLC I will actively buy.

3 Likes

RIGHT?! I think the presentation was kinda weak and weird but i’m still fine with the pick.

1 Like

Sothis saying something about too many sword users, that was my favorite part of the entire thing lol
overall I’m cool with Byleth being in smash, I love FE so we definitely take those

3 Likes

I think the complaint that it’s too many FE characters is kinda dumb in my opinion. Mario has more reps than anyone (and i’m including the likes of DK and Yoshi because they started in Mario) and Pokemon is right behind and multiple characters in both play similar so I think smash fans just like to shit on FE reps because their beloved Geno isn’t in :joy:

3 Likes

And they still want more Mario (Geno, Waluigi) and Pokemon reps (Gen 8) in.

2 Likes

And complain about more sword characters yet want more sword characters like Sora and Dante (who for the record I’d love as well)

2 Likes

If they’re complaining about “Too many FE characters” because they just want more series variety like to get someone from an unrepresented game, then sure i’ll agree
but if they’re complaining because “we don’t want more anime sword users” then I just tune out what they’re saying because it’s just nonsense, I was disappointed by Byleth because I thought it was going to be Dante and I got super hyped for Dante Kirby lol

3 Likes

I thought it was gonna be Dante too honestly lol because of Capcom making such a big deal about DMC3 and “special announcements” that just HAPPEN to be the same day as the reveal.

2 Likes

My hope was that it was Dimitri, but even so, I’m okay with the inclusion. The only inclusion I was remotely pissed about was when Incineroar got in instead of Decidueye.

3 Likes

ahahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahahah

that will never happen

2 Likes

And yet they never give up

1 Like

My question: Is Byleth even well-liked among FE fans?

I would’ve rather seen someone different, but I am glad to see that Sakurai’s continuing to give love to FE.

4 Likes

Byleth in Smash: I sleep
GATEKEEPER CAMEO ON THE GARREG MACH STAGE: REAL SHIT

3 Likes

Yeah personally I would’ve chosen one of the lords, probable Edely since she’s so popular, but i’m fine with it. Nintendo chose the DLC (and probably this upcoming wave as well) and Sakurai had to work with what they told him to so a 3H rep getting in was a lock regardless.

1 Like