(Some of y’all 'bout to be real mad at me, but I had to do this. Don’t mind me ripping the format off of Pandan’s thread found here!)
Writing compelling characters and dialogue is an important part of romhacking. Let’s practice writing scenes with our favorite character dialogue, the bread support
- All bread supports must reference bread
- No text is allowed in the thread besides bready supports
- Please keep the breadiness rated PG.
- Make your supports talk about bread, whether in an emotional, tear-on-the-heartstrings kind of feeling, or a more comedic and lighthearted way.
- Feel free to make up anything about the two characters’ backstory.
- You don’t have to make a full support, one part of the support is perfectly fine.
- You should probably feel compelled to make it personal. It’s a bread support.
- Bread puns are 1000% encouraged.
How do I win the competition?
- We all win when it comes to bread-related supports.
character b: hey, character a! i’ve got some more bread if you want to have some. though, it’s not marbled rye this time…
character a: brioche, huh? i can’t say that’s what i expected. but i’ll happily enjoy some with you, if that’s okay.
character b: no no, it’s fine… you said a bit ago, that your grandfather was a famed baker, right?
character a: indeed i did. mmm, that’s surprisingly good… what about it?
character b: well, i can’t say i know much about my family. yeah, i knew my mother, and i still have a sister, but when it comes to anything further than that? i can’t say i have any connections, and i sure don’t have any family recipes
character a: that’s unfortunate… what did you know about your mother?
character b: she mostly stayed at home taking care of us. it was quaint and peaceful, and once every while she’d bring back a nice loaf of bread. of course, it probably wasn’t from your grandfather or anything… but it was always nice.
character a: well, i can’t say i know much, but even if your mother didn’t make it… couldn’t that bread be considered your family recipe if you enjoyed it together?
character b: hmm… maybe it could.