Writing compelling characters and dialogue is an important part of romhacking. Let’s practice writing scenes with our favorite character archetype, the edgelord
- All edgy monologues must be italicized for maximum effect
- No text is allowed in the thread besides edgy monologues.
- Please keep edginess rated PG.
- Make your narration about a blade, opponent, a former lover, or a dark past that the reader wouldn’t understand. Note that these topics are suggestions, and not required to participate.
- Don’t feel compelled to make it personal.
- Be distant and short-tempered, but never enraged.
- Read in a gravelly voice to sound even cooler
How do I win the competition?
- Listen kid, maybe when you’re older.
Here is an example to get you started:
This blade… The blood on it is still fresh. But there’s no body. Typical. But this design, the unusual curvature of the blade. The shape of the hilt… It can only mean one thing. No one uses these swords in this part of the continent… except for her. But why is she here? Not that I care, anyway… But I know she is a formidable opponent now. And it makes sense… I was her teacher… her lover, until I found her… with him. Could this be his blood? Wishful thinking. Not that it matters now. You surely wouldn’t understand. My mission isn’t complete… I must keep searching for her… To demand answers, so I can end this myself.