Blade's Spriting Smithy

I decline.

16 Likes

Hope you are all doing well this summer! I have come back from the dead and am happy to present the newest portrait that I’ve remade for The Nameless Heroes project! :smile:

Elise is a maid in servitude to her master Issac; although she keeps herself composed, she cares a lot about her master and upholding her duties as a maid.

Since this mug is used for The Nameless Heroes, Elise is not by any means free to use (F2U), free to edit (F2E), or meant to be involved with any other hack.
Stealing or reposting is not allowed.

36 Likes

Thank you for a great job!

5 Likes

The Skin Tone Collection has been updated with several new skin tone palettes for more darker skin variety and one new lighter skin palette. The new ones are A8, A9, B9, and H2.

I do not own these palettes because owning colors is dumb. The collection is free to use and edit. The body is provided by AK only as a demonstration to show off the palettes.

14 Likes

Ok, let’s get to the thing you’re visiting this thread for.

USaga Mordeus 2

Mordeus from Unlimited Saga! He’s a middle-aged mercenary, who claims to want to die on his own terms, and he will be more than happy to fight and die in combat, instead of dying from old age. His stoic gaze masks his lust for (his own) death.

USaga Mordeus

Here is a shirtless version of him for those kinds of people :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yes, BOTH portraits are FREE TO USE, NOT EDIT. Credit me whenever they are used. No, I am not opening a NSFW art patreon. I do not take commissions or requests, and I do what I want.

26 Likes

A new post already? Yes, this is a new post and I am featuring–

Actual FFT Knight by Blade

My version of the Generic Male FFT Knight!
He’s so generic, he doesn’t have a name. He does not have much to him but he sure does look pretty. Gotta look pretty while being a knight ;V

I plan to release him as one of the few times I designate this mug as Free to Use/Edit, or F2U/E. Whoever wants to use this guy is very much free to do so…

As long as you give me credit.

28 Likes

A double post whammy! My next feature is another character from Unlimited SaGa.

Unlimited SaGa Grace By Blade

This is Grace, she is a veteran war mage who has retired from her service to pursue knowledge of the world. Her looks may fool people about her actual age but her age does not limit her magical prowess. She is formal and serious in combat.

This mug will be designated as Free to Use or F2U.

32 Likes

I was messing around with this mug and noticed the skin and hair share a shade, as well as there are 2 border tones used
so i made adjustments to address that

8 Likes

Thank you :smiley:

1 Like

Before I hibernate again, I have made 105 custom FE8 hair palettes that are free to use/edit. Owning colors is dumb.

You do not need to give me credit if you are using this. Appreciated but it is not necessary in this case.

My purpose behind this is because vanilla hair palettes are not always the best. They are too common in many portraits I have seen and limited due to FE8’s roster size in comparison to the Elibe games. In my opinion, hair like Joshua’s or Ewan’s do not look like red hair palettes. Hence why I added a lot of red palettes.

Orson Normal Hair Palettes by Blade

Caellach and Orson are used to show off each hair palette.

34 Likes

People should follow Blade on twitter.

3 Likes

Do that and you’ll see that my twitter has less original content from me and potential NSFW tweets :")

4 Likes

I compiled all of my hair palettes into one supersheet. The total number of hair palettes is over 200.

This originally came from my experiments with my OC Augustus whenever I periodically come back to update his design. Then the collection kept growing and I wanted to see this collection cover a wide range of colors for people to use for spriting FE mugs.

You can use any of the palettes to freely edit or use it wholesale because owning colors is stupid.

Augustus’ hair is used to show off how each palette looks. His hair is not meant to be used for any form of splicing or outright plagiarism.

27 Likes

This was supposed to be an experiment of trying out super splicing, but then the splice morphed into a new OC. He is a dime a dozen edgy swordmaster, but he’s my edgy swordmaster OC! Yes, blah blah blah donutsteel.

He became Tatsuo. I have no further ideas on how to characterize him besides the fact that he has muscle and he’s probably dumb.

Tatsuo Tatsuo

Since he is still technically a splice, I will allow people to use him as F2U/E. If you use him, you do not need to message me, just credit me.

25 Likes

Wow I love your sprites specially Johan ( He is one of my favorite characters from SF2), can you tell some tips to make a portrait with custom eyes? ( I mean not using the eyes from another portraits, being brief creating it from scratch)
Also can you make someday only if you are interested of course, Cordelia from SF2 ( I love her design) or Leonard from Saga Scarlet Grace?
Please continue the excellent work :slight_smile:

Hi @Frodo1990 ,

I would like to make a custom eye tutorial down the line because I find that the eyes are arguably the most important part of the portrait to get right. I think showing off my skills will help novices understand how to construct the eyes and how my creative process works as well.

As for your request, I do not take those very often. I am interested to do them sometime later because I have an attachment to SaGa in general but they are not guaranteed to come anytime soon.

2 Likes

After a long while, I have been personally asked by @Isaac to completely recreate the main lord or protagonist of his project, The Nameless Heroes!

New Issac TNH

This mug is exclusively used for TNH.

27 Likes

If you ever do a tutorial please tell me so i can read it :slight_smile:
And yeah eyes can be quite tricky to do from scratch and make them well ( i struggle a lot with them when i dont use a base in fact )
Personally i love SaGa as well ( specially romancing saga 3 and 2 and minstrel song despite not finishing the later two , i could not win against the seven heroes :frowning: )

Pd: Out of topic but did you know that you can edit the sprites from romancing saga 3 and insert your own create characters? Let me show you a example:

I added Noel ( my favorite of the seven heroes, the next one is wagnas by design) and Barbara and a custom loki that i made ( however it can be tedious to do all the frames )

Hi Everyone,

The Skin Tone Collection has been expanded and revised a bit to include even more skin tones for people to use for their own portrait making purposes. Column A has been the biggest addition so far and I added several more skin tones in other columns to fill in as the skin tones transition to darker and more saturated colors.

I highly encourage people to use these skin tones, whether it is using any of the palettes wholesale or using it as a reference to make your own palettes. No credit is necessary.

29 Likes

It is my 100th Post! Too bad I’m not gonna use this occasion for some dumb mug.

But yes, the hair palette collection has been expanded to include even more this time. Everyone is welcome to create their own fugly deviantart tier Fire Emblem OC >:)

You can use the hair colors, but you cannot use the hair itself for any form of splicing or editing because the hair is from my OC Augustus.

Besides that, happy pride month :rainbow_flag:

27 Likes