Black tile error with imported tileset

Ok so, working on my project in FEbuilder, as one does. I wanted to put some tilesets from fe6 into my fe8 rom. Found this guide and followed it to a T. (Went with method 2 and split the P list)

chapter5
Picture of the map in the map editor in FEbuilder, pretty snazzy looking map if I do say so myself.
Cool lets playtest it just to see how it looks ingame and-
Proto4.emulator

Proto4.emulator2

Proto4.emulator3
All right what the heck?
Note that the map runs fine, and the tiles are technically “there” (walls are still walls, etc.)
But I can’t fathom why certain tiles from the tileset are just blacked out, heck even half of the stair tile in the 3rd image is missing.
Any insight would be appreciated!
Note that I’m using VisualBoyAdvance to test this if that makes a difference.
My thought was it could be an issue with the maps Tileset Palette image, but the fe6 snow map seemed to work just fine, and I added both tilesets at the same time, one after another. :man_shrugging:

Without a report we can’t know for sure. But previous cases of something similar were due to tile animations. The tileset that was replaced had tile animations, but the new one doesn’t, so the tiles that would’ve had animations just end up blacked out.

Easiest way to fix this is to go into the chapter editor and set both of these to 0.

1 Like

Oh wow, yeah. That seems to be it. That’s such a simple fix I didn’t even consider it thanks! :sweat_smile: