Bird Up (Final Release)

LATE EDIT: Please do not contact me in regards to FE Hacking or any debugging for this hack, I am retiring from both of these activities.

(EDIT: When the policemen arrive on Turn 3, you can have Charnelius or J-Dosh talk to the commissioner and recruit them afterwards. Apologies for the lack of notice, but don’t ragequit.)

Alright, here we go…(I didn’t have a better name for this either, so…)

nR57McScYg (1)

It’s been a while since I last posted something on here, but perhaps it’s time I cease hiding now. This was an experimental hack I made in October of 2020 testing how quick I can fill all 32MB of ROM space and I was concerned whether or not it would spark controversy given the amount of drama I’ve been witnessing on the forums. But after creating this little project, I was bored keeping this to myself for a while so why not share it? I tried to make this as mellow as possible, (there is a little bit of swearing occasionally, but hopefully nothing too terrible. If you’re not a fan of that, I highly suggest playing something else.) This hack in particular is based off the Belgian RPGMaker game OFF and contains some spoilers for it. If you do not wish to be spoiled, please consider playing that game first.

Anyways…

Synopsis
A bunch of friends watch home movies together and revisit some nostalgia.

Yes, compelling story. I know. (Don’t want to spoil the rest :wink:)

What does this feature?

• 21 playable characters and 2 lengthy chapters (I may be incorrect on the amount of PCs)
  • A bunch of wav loops and classical music
  • A silly story
  • MS Paint drawings
  • Revamped sound
  • Some other things I forgot
  • Pepper Steak
Pics

lslslslslsllssl
mmmmmkhh
zzxxxxx
00001aa
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Download it here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/86g172xhka8cjg8/birdupprobablythefinalupdate.ups?dl=1
Credits/Readme:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tn0bspf68p6boj/pleasereadthankyou.txt?dl=1

All portraits, convo backgrounds were created by me.

Special Thanks to
This site for all the resources in the repository
Mortis Ghost for OFF
7743 for FEBuilder once again
Team Sacred Stoners for assisting with playtesting and Grug
Everyone whose name is in the credits
and you for playing this, I suppose.

Some known bugs

• Due to my extravagance, there is no music for the ending event of the first chapter nor the the full second chapter as I could no longer add any more music after reaching 31.9MB. (There is a map theme however.) You could argue that I could use Rebuild to free some space up, but I rather not take the risks and side effects, sorry!
  • Some death quotes are assigned incorrectly
  • Resuming a suspend when visiting the shop crashes the game
  • Changing the color window crashes the game
  • There’s some glitch with the gold received in the 2nd chapter that I still have no solutions to.
  • I’m probably forgetting more things.

unnamed

Good day.

14 Likes

poggers

2 Likes

MS Paints drawings were the reason I joined this community.

3 Likes

Finally, a good fucking hack.

8 Likes

That’s actually kind of based, and genuinely artistic. Excellent work.

3 Likes

:tremendo:

beautiful. perfection.

2 Likes

Your my hero

2 Likes

Uploaded the map themes/other music here since I foolishly screwed over the Sound Room text.

I would love to share the midis for the classical pieces, but I don’t think people would have use for a 27 min 200 something KB file in their hacks.

2 Likes

Forgot this is a year old now, but I’m just going to announce a few things and leave.

First and Foremost

I replaced the old dropbox link since I was reorganizing my storage full of junk, so if you thought it was a system glitch, well there’s your explanation.

Second of all

I reuploaded all the map themes to YouTube if you prefer streaming to local downloads.
J.S Bach - BWV 1060 (FE8 SF) - YouTube
P. I. Tchaikovsky - Violin Concerto OP. 35 (FE8 SF) - YouTube
J.S Bach - BWV 1062 (FE8-ified) - YouTube
J.S Bach - BWV 243 (FE8ifed) - YouTube

Finally

I have pretty much quit FE hacking/FE in general and started developing a new solo project, but I would like to thank @Rye_on_Speed @MemeTzar @LunaProc @LonkFC @Sean and anyone else that has presented me support and recognition over the years of my former 5 year hacking experience. It was fun was it lasted, thank you for reading and enjoy this hack nevertheless. Bye!

Also, I will not be providing support for troubleshooting/glitches. This release is final.

5 Likes

IS THIS THE RPG MAKER GAME OFF WHAT

1 Like

Hello Krisk,I just finished the two chapters.It’s cracy and i really hope to share your hack with my friends.
In chapter 1,if I haven’t got a reasonable allocation of EXP then in chapter 2 it will be hard to solve the Zombie Dragon.
I’m an ordinary player from CN.In last year,I made a Chinese translation for The Dark Hour .It’s also a good hack.
Now I plan to make a Chinese translation for your hack Bird UP,so your permission is needful.I’m waiting for your reply,thanks.

1 Like

For sure, you can translate it in Chinese if you want. You have my approval. :+1:

Yeah.

1 Like

Wow,thanks

Ah, I watched a youtuber named CoryxKenshin play it a few years ago. I loved the game even though it was confusing at times.