[BETA][Lex Talionis] Fate of the Fallen - 21/21 Chapters

I discovered another bug but not sure how or why it is happening, sometimes after doing danger den on chapter 7, it will set it self to chapter 5 and then doing it again it will go back to chapter 7. it doesnt happen every time on chapter 7. so not sure what the trigger is.

I’ll look into that. Definitely an odd bug.
Any correlation with the map you’re getting for DoD maybe?

Another good query… could this also be a skipping issue? I can’t blame you for skipping the skirmishes after playing them enough, but that could explain it.

I really disdain Super_Skip lol

did both without skipping. the 1st time was on the map where you go right. went to chapter 7. 2nd time was the map where you go up it took me to chapter 5. will do more runs to see if that 1 map.

seems to be happening on the 2nd map, first map is sending me to chapter 7.

I’ve found the errant line of code causing the issue, and yeah it was as simple as forgetting to remove that, so it’ll be fixed in the next update.

Thanks a lot again for reporting the issue. <3

Happy October! Time for a new chapter of FotF!

October brings chapter 10 to a public release. Chapter 10 is much less complicated than Chapter 9, but it does introduce some fun mechanics and lets us beat up my personal favorite sycophant again.

It also adds some Supports for the recently recruited units, and if you unlocked the Gaiden chapter for 9, it’ll give you the chance to play with Reese’s new abilities and the new jacked unit you recruited.

I did a lot of work in September, so with this public release I’ve also added chapters 11-15 to the Patreon version of the game. I’ll still be releasing the chapters to the public 1 chapter per month, it’s just that now the Patreon is a little more ahead. Look at what I can do when I’m not stuck to Baldur’s Gate/Starfield like glue lol.

Some Screenshots of chapters 11-15

So if you like what you’ve played so far, consider joining the Patreon to get even more! And help make the game even better by voting on future content via polls held in the Discord. Even if you don’t have the cash to join the Patreon, I get it, join the Discord anyway just to grow the community of fans so I know I’m not just tossing this game into the void. :wink:

Should also warn you here that the Lex Talionis engine recently had a number of new updates that changed some of the internal mechanics of the engine. So if you discover and errors or crashes, please let me know here or in the discord so we can fix them and keep improving this wonderful game/engine.

The new version can be found by using the link in the original post. Enjoy <3

2 Likes

when using the class change mirror. started a new run since chapter 9 crashes.
also chapter 9 crashes.

I also have no clue how to recruit Ollie

1 Like

Thank you for the report, LT has recently done a big overhaul on a few commands. I’m sure I just gotta clean up a little bit of code.
Who were you using the Class mirror on if you don’t mind?
And Ollie’s recruitment is specifically tied to the answers you give when talking to him previously.

Ollie Recruitment Details
  1. Listen to him when he warns you away from his den of danger.
  2. Be excited to challenge the Den of Danger when he lets you go in.
  3. Tell him you meant what you said to the town after beating Galdez.

And if you could specify when Ch.9 crashes that would be helpful.

So I just checked out the October version, and I don’t know when it happened, but all of the assets are broken lol.
I’ll be uploading a new version which will hopefully fix all the issues.

Final Edit:
Thank you so much for the report. The new versions are being uploaded now to both the Patreon and Public links.
I’m assuming this will fix the Ch.9 crash, though I couldn’t get it to happen on my end, I’m hoping it’s just caused from the sudden lack of Battle Animations.
If you run into anything else, please let me know here or on the Discord. <3

for the mirror it was Varton, the first unit you can class change. as for chapter 9, it happens right as I try to start the chapter from the save.

Chapter 9 still crashes on my save file. not sure what causing it. let me just share the save file folder.

I can now confirm that something about the new updates to the engine have caused old saves to no longer be compatible.
This’ll happen sometimes when LT goes through some really big update that change how the engine handles simple things. In this case, dialog boxes seem to be the issue.
Unfortunately, there’s nothing I can do on my end to make your old save work for this version. In fact, I’m going to have to start a new playthrough myself so I can test the later chapters.
However, the Class Mirror should be working now. :crossed_fingers: Thanks again for the report.
EDIT: Added a warning about the save compatibility under the Bugs section of the intro post.

found another bug this time in danger den. 2nd map only. on clearing the map instead of going to the save option, it goes to the main menu of the game as if you never cleared the map at all.

Can confirm the Class Mirror works.

1 Like

I know what’s causing this and it’s embarrassing lol. I’ll have a patch out shortly.

—EDIT—
So as I expected, I over-corrected the earlier reported bug of it taking you to the chapter 5 Freeroam lol.
It should now properly take you to chapter 5 on chapter 5 and chapter 7 on chapter 7.
The new version is being uploaded presently.

Thanks again for helping to improve this game <3

Happy FEE3, everyone! I hope you’re as psyched as I am to check out all the cool new games being shown off.

Fate of the Fallen is going to be shown off at the 12 o’clock timeslot on the tenth day of FEE3, October 16. That’s just twelve hours after another awesome LT project I help a bit with, Lineages Tied: Daughters of Braghedunn, and 12 hours before an awesome, almost finished project LT project by RandomWizard, Revenge of the Promise. All this to say it’s a good 24 hours for LT games and fans.

So I hope you have the time to check out Fate of the Fallen’s FEE3 video, and enjoy.

5 Likes

The time has come for FotF’s FEE3 debut!
And with that debut, I wanted to do something a little special, so for the last while I’ve had my nose to the grindstone to get a whole brandspanking new gaiden chapter ready for consumption.
Along with the Gaiden, I’m also releasing chapter 11 a few weeks early, mainly because the gaiden is 11x.
So in this fancy FEE3 celebratory release we’ve got:

• A free-roam map full of lore.
  • A new Den of Danger Area full of skirmishes.
  • A full new chapter complete with everyone’s favorite mechanic… Fog!
  • A new prepromote member of the party.
  • A secret Gaiden with fairly easy unlock conditions.
  • A handful of powerful items you can unlock in said Gaiden. (Most of them are broken and will most definitely need nerfs.)
  • A recruitable Trainee unit you can get to join you in the Gaiden.
  • Several new weapons that I finally got around to adding. (They’ll be sprinkled throughout the game more loosely in a future update.)
  • Anna. And money. The two kind of go hand in hand, right?
  • About 15-20 new support dialogues I was working on before FEE3’s dates were announced.
  • More updates to the engine that cause old saves to not work. Again. (I’m sorry, blame the devs lol.)
  • The same link as always Fate of the Fallen - FEE3 version

I’ve had the idea for this Gaiden stewing in my head for a while now, I just never really knew how to go about it. Turns out FEE3 crunch time was how I needed to go about it.

You can watch the video here!

And like always, if you like my work consider joining the Discord and brightening the place up with your presence <3

5 Likes

Not sure if it’s just a me issue but I feel like the sound balancing is a little off? Like I had to turn the bg volume slider in options all the way down to the lowest it could go without being off and the bg music is still incredibly loud compared to the sound effects. Other than that having a good time so far at roughly 5 chapters in.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree completely lol.
And while most people might go and turn down the volume, I instead am endeavoring to go in and replace all the SFX with louder ones XD
But at the moment the best practice is to turn up the SFX a little. My go to is lowest Music and normal SFX. Thought I went in and set that in the options each upload, but maybe it doesn’t carry over :person_shrugging:

Glad you’re enjoying it, around chapter 5 is when it gets crazier lol <3

Ah, as long as it’s not just a “me” issue as I often have issues with audio balance due to my own auditory processing issues - just felt like it was prominent enough here to not be intentional.

1 Like

Just one of those WIP things.
I hope you’re able to supply some more feedback after I change the SFX.
Want to make sure I don’t accidentally overcorrect haha

Hi, great hack so far, just had a quick question.
In chapter 2, the reinforcements spawned with some stealable items that do not drop on death but we do not have access to a thief, is the intended way to use these by using the hidden item from the prologue?

1 Like

That is the exact intended way to get those lol.
It’s a little incentive to experiment with that fun item.
There are also other locations you can get those items to test out other configurations.

Chapter 2 Secret Item

You might want to check out that knocked over snag bridge.

But don’t feel like you have to, none of the stealables are super necessary or anything.

Hope you’re enjoying the game. Please feel free to ask here or the discord any other questions. Thanks for playing <3

does every chapter have a secret item? I found 1 in chapter 1 as well. didnt find it in chapter 3 or 4.

where his weapon go?

1 Like