[Berwick Saga] Berwick Saga Editor & Randomizer (Early Beta)

thank you so much I loved what you did I will be looking forward to changing classes and characters

No matter what i did, i couldn’t get the editor working, i tried randomizing my own or using the rebalance txt, but after a minute the editor always finishes saying that there was an error patching the rom.

It’s a shame, because i really like this game.

Did you patch a japanese rom with Aethin’s translation patch yourself? If not please do that.

In editor, Make sure you choose the use translation patch option if you are using it.

If this still doesn’t work, test with the japanese rom and try patching the english rom with a single line of command. Please tell me the result. Thanks.

patching it myself fixed it, or resetting my computer did. Thanks!

1 Like

Any chance of allowing set changes to base or even to allow negatives to ensure it? Such as “Max reduced stats” to be -2 and “Max Stat Increase” to be 2 so all your character get +2 to all stats (I know, broken!).

Also, random question, but how high can weapon skill growth go up to, 100?

You can use the editor directly to give everyone +2 stats, maybe a bit tedious but it can be done easily with find and replace from any text editors.
Weapon ranks have caps, usually 20-30 for off specs like Aegina’s fire, 30-40 for unprompted caps, 50 for duo weapon classes and 60 for mono weapon classes. So I would imagine the hard cap be 60 or 64.

wow I loved playing with it now I would like to know how this is going with the class building I’m very anxious to be able to change the classes?

I’m having a bit of trouble with the randomizer. I’ve gotten it to work before, but the last few times I’ve tried nothing seems to work. I have the translation, latest version, I patch it myself, have a clean iso.
My only conclusion is it’s something in the script itself that I’m trying to do that isn’t working.
I’m not really s coder or anything, is there a directory or something that can show me what commands work? I just wanna change some skills and stats to balance the game. Made an account just to ask, love this game and the randomizer

1 Like

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to change the number of attacks a weapon has. Not like make it a brave weapon, but what the knight sword and Gram do. I see in the code you can add x2, x3, and x4, but I’m pretty sure those would just make it a brave weapon. Thanks for your time.

Set weapon stat rounds 2
(untested)

Happy to report it works. I need to test if I can reduce the number of rounds because I want to make Dire Thunder like it is in Thracia. Only issue is that the description doesn’t update (description is probably separate from the stats/effects), but the changes do work. Thanks so much!

A question. If I edit characters’ base stats (for example, give +10 HP to everyone), would that affect bracketing?

I think base stats won’t affect bracketing but I’ve never tested it.
You can remove brackets if you want.

Yeah, I was considering removing brackets. I was just wondering if without it the other stats would end up lower.

Do you plan to add altering unit terrain capabilities to the editor in the future, such as making it so Armored units can cross sand?

What about adding new shield proficiencies, I noticed class animations don’t distinguish between medium and small shields, so I think it’d be alright to add M Shields to the Guardian weapon ranks, same for Armored Knights.

Also altering locked weapons would be nice, like imagine if General Shield was instantly usable by Guardians without having to be level 20.

Also its kinda of funny there’s a mac version of this when there aren’t really any PS2 emulators aren’t for mac!

what’s the difference btw hard and lunatic?

I put together a mod with the editor for my second playthrough, and had a lot of fun. It’s a difficulty reduction/ease of use mod. Weapon durability is higher across the board. Capturing is much more reliable, since knives, forks, and a few other weapons have 100% injury chance, and many characters have Mercy. Weaker characters have been buffed with new skills. Weapon skill growths are higher for characters that need it for promotion, making it less painful to promote characters like Aegina and Adel. Don’t worry, the game’s still hard!
The file is on mediafire, at /file/unb5nwg5ygrtfwe/BerwickSagaMod.txt/file

2 Likes

Really sorry to Necropost, i’ve been playing around with the editor as of late, and i was curious if anyone knows how to give other weapons the same feature as pallas rianna, (unbreakable, cannot be used at 0 durability, recovers uses every chapter.) I really wanted to try and give a few personal and magic based weapons this feature as a form of balance. (Lowering their durability but making them ‘uses per chapter’ instead.

I’ll delete this reply if asked to, i don’t know if it would “un-bump” the thread, so once again, apologies if me bumping this with my question annoyed anyone or went against the rules in some way.

1 Like

Try put this in the text editor

set Gram effect restore-uses

Note this doesn’t change the text description of the weapon

1 Like

Sorry for such a late response, but can the editor be used to switch a character for another? I was thinking of using it for making a Reverse Recruitment hack