Battle of the Bards Round 2: A Formidable Foe Stands In The Way

To me personally I strongly associate Winds Across the Plains with early game FE since it’s the first track I heard during my first FE playthrough and it gives you that feeling of being green as a player, green as the plains and as easy going as the wind as you learn to find your flow.

2 Likes

yesss tambo bring home that W :partying_face:

Hey, thanks to all who voted! I’m the one who made father sky, but my favorite one of these is probably Lyndis’s legion, you can tell there was a lot of effort put into the composition.

1 Like

I made FEp4v2 (the name transcends human understanding - I didn’t forget to name it).

Not sure why it didn’t get too many votes. I quite clearly did the best job of making a thematically-unrelated and ridiculously out of place theme.

Rigged competition.

(accidentally replied to a post directly on first try)

A big thanks to everyone who participated and the voters as well!

Alrighty, looks like Blessing of Father Sky takes home poll #1; with Breeze Among The Mercenaries gets the most votes in poll #2.

Composer reveals (in descending order from poll 1):

Blessing of Father Sky - Mycahel
Breeze Among The Mercenaries - Tamborrino
A New Wind Blows - ZessDynamite
Lyndis’ Legion - Agro
On The Planes - Gultykappa
FEp4v2 - Aegius
FEUComp - relic

Next time, I think I’ll try being a little more specific with the prompt. In addition, after I come up with a prompt, I’ll go ahead and extend the run time up to 3-4 weeks.

Free To Use MIDIs Here*

*Aegius has stated that you have to ask them for permission to use FEp4v2

2 Likes

learn how to lose

It was a joke… do we do /s here?

I even said to Mr. Chair in my submission message that I thought it was not on theme.

1 Like
1 Like

Actually, we put a [s] at the beginning and a [./s] (without the .) at the end.

Yes, I tried to make it work technical level - I made sure to use an AABBC structure like the later FE games do, as well as using chromatic mediant modulation, motivic development, uneven rhythm groupings, timbral contrast etc. I’m glad it paid off :grin:

1 Like

This was super fun, I can’t wait for the next one!

Thanks to everyone who voted for my piece (A New Wind Blows), I’m so glad you liked it! Also, a big thank you to Chair for hosting such a cool contest and giving me an excuse to make some music for once instead of sitting around! And finally, kudos to my fellow composers on some great pieces and congratulations to Mycahel! Wonderful stuff all around guys, I’m excited to hear what you make next.

1 Like

watch out, musical big dick coming through

1 Like

you know it bby

That’s enough. Thread locked until the next contest.

1 Like

Aaaaand we’re back (months later)!

Round Two: A Formidable Foe Stands In The Way

Boss battle theme this time around. They aren’t usually very long, you can get away with 20~30 seconds worth, it’s important to note that they should loop properly, so I’m asking participants to manually loop their song once so voters can experience the loop naturally.

If you’re looking for inspiration, here are some in-game recordings of boss battle themes that I’ve made for Legends of Avenir!

11 Likes

Ooh, I have ideas for this one. Count me in!

1 Like

Boss battle theme this time around.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS

1 Like

We’re one week in and we have 2 submissions so far!

Friendly reminder that the deadline to submit is midnight (EST) August 30th!

1 Like