Battle of the Bards Round 2: A Formidable Foe Stands In The Way

Alrighty, voting time. All songs are hyperlinked in poll 1.

Poll 1 (Single Vote, Best In Theme):

Poll 2 (Multiple Votes, Pick 3 You Like):

• On The Plains
  • Blessing Of Father Sky
  • A New Wind Blows
  • Breeze Among The Mercenaries
  • Lyndis’ Legion
  • FEUComp
  • FEp4v2

0 voters

Polls are open until Friday at midnight (I don’t know which timezone this uses). Results will be shown when the polls close, afterwards I’ll reveal who submitted what/release the midis if they were free to use.

8 Likes

I enjoyed this. I hope you do another one of these!

4 Likes

Note:

I tried setting it so you can only select 3 in Poll #2, but at some point that ended up getting changed to 7.

Please only select up to 3 in poll 2.

Discourse won’t let me edit the poll after it exists for 5 minutes. God dammit Jattwood, you win this round.

2 Likes

I will destroy the balance of the poll with my decidedly indecisive voting decisions.

7 Likes

I think I know who composed On The Plains lol

Who did it?

Listening to all of these I appreciate the effort it takes to make tracks and I can tell a lot of enjoyment was put into this. It makes it somewhat hard to choose…

1 Like

The struggle is real, everyone’s been saying the same thing on Discord.

Which discord?

I’m in a few for projects. There’s also FEU’s discord.

Found here:

There are some really cool submissions, I really hope we get more contests like this XD.

Word on the street is that there might be one starting up soon. But you didn’t hear it from me.

5 Likes

ffs Yune why are you like this.

i’m not in :c

Blessing of Father Sky is a fuckin’ banger.

7 Likes

bump

Post must be at least 5 characters.

1 Like

imo none of them fit the theme and/or work as a replacement for Winds Across the Plains

A New Wind Blows fits the best imo, it’s just the first 20 seconds sound kind of awkward to me. Past that I think it would work well.

Blessing of Father Sky is by far the most brilliant track here but sadly does not fit ‘early game’ at all imo.

The prompt was to replace Wind Across the Plains - it didn’t say to match the “early game”-ness of it. My entry was made with the thought of reinventing Lyn Mode’s final chapter as a much more climactic event, hence replacing Wind Across the Plains - in the same way that A Hero’s Destiny replaces Under This Banner in FE11. I’m certain that @anon98251803 deliberately made the theme broad and open to interpretation for this reason.

Edit: Anyway, I’m mildly salty that the theme was interpreted differently by voters than I, but congrats to Blessing of Father Sky!

2 Likes

Yoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! 2nd place for the single vote and 1st for multiple! Also congrats to the guy who did Blessing of Father Sky!!!

7 Likes