Atey's pixel art showcase

Protip:
Never question an artist’s rate in their own thread. It’s very rude to do that.

Oh, @Atey, a question.
How is the ownership of the portrait after you deliver your product? Is it given to your commissioner with crediting you or is it something else? Or maybe you will discuss it with each commissioner? Because often commissioners will ask about this after the portrait is done.
You don’t need to disclose everything, maybe just a little bit of it so people won’t ask you a second time later.

It took you a long time to resurface! :stuck_out_tongue:
Good to see you back, Atey!

4 Likes

Lack of motivation/time, honestly c:

2 Likes

It’s alright. I can even understand why you think like that. You probably won’t even be the only one who says that, so… I don’t really mind.

I wasn’t planning on changing my prices anyway xD…

Thanks for pointing that out! It’s rather important.

The ownership is for the commissioner with crediting me :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just wanted to chime in with some other examples of Atey’s awesome portraits:
AteyPortraits
I’ve personally commissioned Atey in the past, and I cannot sing enough praises about their excellent spritework. So I obviously highly recommend as well.

17 Likes

I’d also like to vouch for Atey’s work in @Snakey1 and @1st_lieutenant_noguchi’s Legends of Avenir - Zaheva here on the right is an Atey portrait, along with many other characters in the latest release!

15 Likes

I just noticed that I got the retouch price wrong, btw. It is in fact $ 15!

Retouch is however only available for certain portraits. If I consider the portrait that the commissioner wants me to retuch has too many issues, I will only accept the commission as a custom portrait based on the original portrait (which I will notify, since it means paying +$10)

6 Likes

Also wanted to vouch for how fantastic Atey’s work is with a super recent commission, pulled details I didn’t even know I wanted together to make what is now my favourite portrait in my project. Couldn’t recommend more highly.

ThanksAtey

10 Likes

Just wanted to thank all the good comments about my work. It’s quite satisfying to see pleased customers!

11 Likes

Cannot recommend Atey enough! Still love these portraits all these years later, btw.

tra_by_atey-dchax9t-1
arvis_by_atey-dcam80b

11 Likes

Funny, my first thought was ‘holy shit, only $25 for a custom Atey-tier portrait with FRAMES??’ and then I saw this and guess what? That thought is still there. Hella good price. Atey’s practically giving them away.

Relevant link:

…and once again I reply to a comment from 2+ years ago. Grandfather Klok is going senile…

2 Likes

funny indeed, it’s strange how different experiences in life can lead to drastically different viewpoints on the value of things

1 Like

Do they have to be humanoids or can they be monsters/dragons?

They can be monsters/dragons as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

awsome! Well you can expect to do one in the future

Hello :slight_smile: I’m still around, hehe.

Just wanted to let you all know that I’m planning on raising my prices on September from $25 per portrait to $35. That’s the price I’ve noticed most portrait artists apply for these kind of commissions. Some people might think that it’s too expensive, but the thing is that the more time passes, the more valuable is my time.

Here are some more current portraits, to reflect my current skills:
ike nanna Seth
Frames and mini portrait are included.

Also, I can retouch portraits. The price however will depend on the amount of work I have to put on it.
sethold Seth
Before >>>>>>> After

I am unemployed right now, so any commission will be welcome!

P.S: I can also draw! I’m offering drawings like the one bellow for $45

27 Likes

I commissioned Atey last month for some non-humanoid portraits, like Lizardfolk and Warforged from D&D, and they did an excellent job with them! They were very professional and considerate of any edits and changes. Highly recommended, thanks again Atey!

Once I figure out how to post images on this site, I’d love to show one of them off lol

EDIT: Got promoted so this should work now! Lizardfolk Pirate
Peggy2

16 Likes

Thanks a lot for the recommendation, Jack!

Also, friendly reminder that I’m still taking commissions! For only $25 you can get a GBA FE portrait like this one of Dio that was commissioned some time ago :slight_smile:
dio
As you’ve seen on the portraits posted above, these include frames and mini portrait! I will be rising my prices on September 20th, so there’s still time for those who are interested c:

22 Likes

Hi there. How does one commission you, exactly? There are no socials or contact info or links to anything here or on your profile … I had to make an account just to make this post lol

Their contact information is in the second image under ‘Contact Info’. Email, twitter and Deviant Art.