Amusing ROMhacking Glitches Thread

ezgif.com-gif-maker

Excuse me, but that is not the palette that I ordered.

4 Likes

ghost tower lives up to its name

and

4Nvoc19IAb

oddish is one happy boi

7 Likes

all I did was set Eirika and Seth to have SMS data of 0xD0 or higher which is supposed to be the Ephraim Lord sprite. you can do this yourself in febuilder in about 30 seconds by just extending the SMS list haha

Fz9DeQXJuE

7 Likes

baaf7ebfef4f44fba91c277b6296eed1

Aqua was playtesting and found that catching & sacrificing their caterpie won you a battle (that hadn’t even started yet)

And of course the trainer’s defeat quote hits right on the nose

3 Likes

honor
You could say that, Caellach.

tantrum

9 Likes

ThreeBarharas_05
That CG is broken. My mug is broken. What else is broken?

8 Likes

Untitled Project
wat?

10 Likes

I wanted to add my discord server link to my title screen…

Fixed

…but of course, not everyone was happy with it

8 Likes

Oa8mbAfbJl

the snag is trying to learn tackle… uhhh woops

6 Likes

so AoE attacks are going really well, should be done in a few days probably

ezgif.com-gif-maker (9)

7 Likes

I mean, it’s Mewtwo.

i knew i shouldn’t have talked to that old man in viridian

2 Likes

It’s good to see you’re including Missingno in Pokémblem

2 Likes

Is it weird that I feel a bit sad that nothing has been posted in a while. That means that people probably had no major problems which is good but on the other hand there are no fun glitchy screenshots or videos anymore

We’ll have to patient. Though there will be good ones coming soon, I can feel my hacking senses tingling.

Yeah it’s probably from me who has barely any experience with hacking and will probably fail miserably :sweat_smile:

oh you want glitch dump ok

(this one is not a glitch i just like it)

26 Likes

Well I guess it was to be expected creating something like that. Hell I feel like there is way more that occurred. Anyway great job for the hack.

1 Like

edit this_02

You may be wondering how this happened. It goes something like this…

I have many crazy ideas, and one of them is creating a proper Fire Emblem Cipher game. The GBA Yugioh titles are my main source of inspiration, so why not hack them? So away I go hacking Reshef of Destruction. I open up GBAGE, search for the card art… and find nothing. I then scan the rom a few times over and document a whole bunch of stuff, but still find no art. Eventually I asked for help and found out they were Huffman-compressed, of Anti-Huffman fame. Guess what GBAGE doesn’t support! Eventually I exported things, but I had to apply some other patch that can be found on of all places the Advance Wars hacking forums. Then I botched the Usenti export and used the FE mug instead of the Yugioh crop, which is what you see there. Then I managed to get things working.

edit this_03
Only 799 cards to go, discounting any vanilla Yugioh I leave alone for whatever reason. Please ignore all values as they are tests.

16 Likes

This happened to us today.

Makes me feel better that even google has underflow bugs sometimes.

(24,855d 3h is 2,147,482,800 seconds. It’s probably rounded to the nearest hour.)

7 Likes