Amusing ROMhacking Glitches Thread

ElULZl7WbK

10 Likes

now THIS is a faithful gen 1 remake

9 Likes

Nah, it’s too technically stable.

5 Likes

but the game hit an endless loop when the bg goes black. I don’t think a buggy softlock can be considered quite so stable, haha

1 Like

What could go wrong?
Loading corrupt saves:
ezgif.com-gif-maker (2)

8 Likes

He’s sorry, all right.

2 Likes

How did this happen?
(a reddit link bc compressing is hard)

1 Like

Oh god, I have created a monster with my solution lol :laughing:

1 Like

it’s a weird ass glitch too, what makes using a modified pure water that triggers a global flag causes two specific characters (I tried moving their placement with the rest of the cast it did nothing) to get +100 atk and crit? Their stats aren’t changed and it only happens in that one spot.

my brain hurts

It could be a save issue, something with the ingame tutorial that grants 100% guaranteed crit or just some bug where FEBuilder is just doing weird stuff with the memory in the rom.

I have had such a random bug too. I added new animations to the rom and then poof: combat animations were always off for some reason.

2 Likes

As a quick aside, this happening is often a signal that the new battle animations you’ve added aren’t working correctly so the game isn’t using them. Not sure if this is like a current bug you’ve got or one long since solved, but figured I’d point it out in case it’s still helpful to you.

2 Likes

i accidentally set the status on the attacker so instead of hitting all the enemies the cleric hit herself with the status
AoEStaffFailure

11 Likes

Natasha hurt herself in confusion!

5 Likes

I’m so proud to have my first one of these. I’m doing funky things with base stats and clearly have something in the wrong spot.

They’re actually wiggling even faster, the gif can’t keep up with the framerate.

The Wiggles

Wiggle

7 Likes

Did you set the bit that causes characters to behave like they’re in an earthquake (I’m guessing that’s the reason, since there’s a light rune palette unit there too)?

1 Like

I actually had just typed strb r0,[r4,#15] instead of strb r0,[r4,#0x15]

Let’s say I set the earthquake bit though that’s a hilarious concept

That actually could set the earthquake bit

3 Likes

Am i blind

Oh shit, yeah, #15 not #0x15

1 Like

To be fair, so could #0x15.

You’re not wrong, but this feels blasphemous to have your stored address be a unit struct + 0x42 (or whatever - you get my point lol)