2 Likes

I%20think%20something%20is%20wrong%20here

It%20got%20worst

Tamest%20out%20of%20the%20three%20tries

What%20a%20world

I did something wrong, or right, but mostly wrong

3 Likes

FE3MAFC_11
So that’s why the world map scenes use special control codes. Stop hiding behind the dialogue box, Marth.

7 Likes

ezgif.com-optimize (3)
EDIT wtf why is it so small?
jU90uA0oau
There we go

1 Like

A bugmeme for ants is pretty neat.

Have you ever been so worried that you forget how speech works and start speaking in ballista icons?

I sure have.

9 Likes

Only on tuesday evenings.

2 Likes

Expand names past the limit at your peril, or otherwise your plans to include Dragon Shields will turn into Dragon Shiel1s.
Oh, and then they start glowing if you overflow too badly.

1 Like

Who gave Doga Waterwalking oh god

2 Likes

Now I feel a little left out that I’ve never had any fun glitches happen yet. Even my hacking problems are all mundane and unamusing. But at least I can live vicariously through this thread. ;_;

1 Like

Some fun ones from MAFC development.

FE3MAFC_29
That’s a very red title screen you’ve got there, blurry blob.

FE3MAFC_36
The diagonal strips of Magvel peeking through are the most interesting part.

FE3MAFC_44
No, don’t stand on the literal world map, guys.

6 Likes

The first releases of Project Exile shipped with a rare glitch that allowed you to do this to your menus:

Imgur

It got taken away as soon as it was discovered, but the Chaos Menus will forever remain in my heart.

edit: now in an actually viewable size

7 Likes

Taste the rainbow, boi.(I wonder how that could happen tho. Are the FE5 menus that easily broken during hacking?)

1 Like

The menus are pretty resilient, but this is an innocuous change that snowballed pretty spectacularly.

We changed a byte somewhere that made it so you’d start on Window Pattern 2 when starting a new game. Zane warned us that it was very hacky, but we never had any issue with it… until the final version’s launch.
Turns out you can (accidentally) keep incrementing the window pattern to 3, 4, 5, 6, 7… and so on, and get to “patterns” that are incoherent meshes of data.

This is pattern #16 or so, and the changing colors are from changing the RGB values of a thing that has random data for a palette, and random data for its default RGB.

1 Like

You know, I wouldn’t mind having this menu style as an actual feature… The way the palettes cycle is… hypnotizing.

Now that we’ve figured out what causes it, it’s pretty easy to reproduce, tbh.
(Unheadered) Change the byte at $01FBE6 to $EE.
Let the full intro play out a random number of times.
Stop the intro by pressing Start during one of the map sequences (like Finn riding through the rain, Olwen fighting…)
Start a new game, and enjoy wacky menus

Here’s a couple more I got. That second one is pretty great too.

1 Like

This isn’t even a romhack

2 Likes

Ah yes the infamous devil hand axe bug.