11 Likes
Summary

MKkKCddHUu

Was trying to reclass things during the battle transition

Summary

rvtMEIGcEA

Not looped, see my mouse. Oops.

3 Likes

I wanted to try making an easy way to start an arena battle through ASMCs, eventually gave up on that. Decided instead that if I want to force an arena battle, I could just loop the event until the player chose yes. But then I had a crueler idea which is to loop the event until the unit died.

The event itself:

FLASHING COLORS WARNING

The result
Then he keeps welcoming you to t until the end of time

Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones.emulator Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones.emulator

5 Likes

You either die in the arena, or you live long enough to see your entire game die.

6 Likes

don’t mess with dragonstones guys

11 Likes

Here’s one my friend found while testing:

And here’s another one:

5 Likes

Holy crap a snake has invaded the rom

Can Snek help you out here?

4 Likes

I can’t guarantee I didn’t have anything to do with that

3 Likes

Warning: Gifs contain minor black & white flashing

Goal:
Let’s cycle two images in an event to create a very basic gif.

• Problem is, SETBACKGROUND fades to black briefly, so I can’t cycle them that way.

I don’t know ASM, so I’ll just throw together some random event commands, edit things at random, and see what happens.

This goes on for 30 minutes

fOyJB7X6cc
???

That was a test with one image. How is it doing that? Clearly I have no idea what I’m doing.

I guess this points to LOMA..?

2fODF7CmnM

I did not have a LOMA command. Also, not even at the same coordinates it looks like.

Omitted: One that changed the weather, some that crashed the game, one that did MNC2 to chapter 1, etc.

I think I the palette.

oaK6qVV4eQ

It seemed all hope was lost.

They did not believe in me.

Success

9HH9muDvCJ

I can even freely adjust the speed of each BG being displayed. Neat!

BG 2 & 1

N8wMp5gySi

I’m sure someone had a way of doing this already, but I figured this way out myself and I am happy about that, as nooby as it might be.

4121020001000F00

I have no idea what this _0x2141 command means, what it’s doing, or why it works. Don’t ask me difficult questions, haha. Value1 is the background image and Value3 is the speed. Value2 likes to crash the game. For some reason, bg id 0 doesn’t seem to display properly. Couldn’t tell you why.

Now I can work on frame by frame porting of FFX’s 11 hours of cutscenes as backgrounds to insert into my project.

13 Likes

nice job, but watch out for rom size, backgrounds take a lot of space!!!

4 Likes

Yeah DW I’m gonna cut it down to like 9-10 hours of cutscenes instead.

8 Likes

“Die, die! Wait, you can’t die yet! Wake up! Now die, die!”

3 Likes

too manyqsdfgknqskdf

I’m sure there’s some speedrunning strat to be found in being able to move the cursor through menus and on the map at the same time.

5 Likes

A couple of semi-amusing glitches.

why

Well said, protagonist.
(I just noticed the doppelganger on the right side of the screen… huh, interesting)

This was supposed to simulate the exit of an underground tunnel, but it didn’t read well on several levels. It has been revised to a mountainside cave.

5 Likes

glitches

doppelganger on the right side of the screen

underground tunnel,

CAVE

Oh no. It’s DARK all over again D:

1 Like

ArchOfCoups_04
Return of the blood-red title screen; Super Mario edition.

ArchOfCoups_05
Side effects include breaking all the map windows. Stuff like the minimug still draws like nothing happened, though.

6 Likes

“Let’s-a go…TO HELL.

2 Likes