A Teraspark of Assembly

Swiper no swiping ya daft feckin fox.

1 Like

Hey there! I tried to install the “_MasterHackInstaller.event” using Event Assembler 11.1.3 and a clean FE8 ROM. However, when doing so, I experienced this error:
What could I do to circumvent this issue? I’m also new to using EA (I usually just use FEBuilder), so my apologies if the solution is actually really obvious.
Nonetheless, if you do take the time to look into it, my thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

add #include EAstdlib.event to define NoFade
i’ll make a push to the github to prevent this issue from happening again

if it still happens check Event Assembler/EA Standard Library/Main Code Helpers.txt to make sure you have NoFade defined on your end

1 Like

Thanks for the assist! It now installs properly-
Or so I thought, until I opened up the ROM and was graced with this:
Any idea why this would be happening?

This isn’t anything to go by.

Since your rom has already been edited, it will be harder to safely install a complex hack like this.

But just a guess: did you write data to 0x0 ? I imagine that might prevent the rom from even opening up. You should check each ORG in your rom to see if the data differs from vanilla and also check what address FreeSpace is defined as.

Hello, I am interested in knowing how to implement effects like rewarp but I have just started using Fehbuilder so I don’t know what I have to do, could you give me a tutorial or tell me what I have to do to be able to use the rewarp effect?

Hey. I wanted to ask if there’s a way to set an item effect to only give EXP. But that can also be used in preps or in the world map. Is this possible?

Hi. I tried to install this patch, but I couldn’t even test it, because it softlocks the game. The first Fall of Renais cutscene starts, but it just sits there playing the music, and the units don’t move

I tested it on vanilla fe8 and it works properly.
You probably have some sort of conflict with whatever else you applied to your game

I only installed a SkillSystems custom build. And IER comes with SkillSystems, so it should work

The custom staves predate febuilder so i’m not sure how to set it up with that.
Sorry to disappoint

You need to understand a buildfile and merge things in via a custom build.

If you do not understand how to do this, then start a project using buildfiles, ask questions in #buildfile_help, and after a few weeks of this you’ll probably understand how. If you don’t want to do that, then I don’t think you can use these custom staves.

Been trying to imstall again. I got these errors:

2 errors encountered:
File StealStaff_6CSetup.event, Line 39, Column 1: Symbol ItemMenuGrayStealText isn’t in scope
File _StealStaff_Setup.event, Line 55, Column 1: Symbol IsWeapon isn’t in scope

No data written to output.

I know this is a bit much to ask, but maybe someone could help me install this? I’ve been trying by myself for a while, but I can’t get it to work.

You most likely got this error because you did not include the staff text files

This is defined in the Table Definitions file

Hi. I’ve been trying to install this again, and now I can install it, but it just softlocks the game and doesn’t play the animation of the staff working.
.ROR.emulator

Any idea how to fix it?

Is this an existing staff breaking or you trying to make a new one?
If it’s the latter you probably neglected to set the spell animation for the new staff in the Spell Association Editor

Note that if you’re using the skill system staves & items have been split into a separate table here

Hi there, I don’t usually mess with eventing stuff and primarily use FEBuilder. I was interested in creating the Rewarp staff in my personal project and I was directed to visit your Fancy Items github page. I downloaded your “CustomItems” folder within the “EngineHacks” folder and then attempted to
load the _RewarpStaff_Setup.event file through FEBuilder’s “Insert Events via Event Assembler.” Upon doing so I received he following error:

output:
Finished.
2 errors encountered:
File _StaffAI_Setup.event, Line 41, Column 1: Symbol prGotoMovGetter isn’t in scope
File _StaffAI_Setup.event, Line 46, Column 1: Symbol prGotoMovGetter isn’t in scope

No data written to output.

I’d like to be clear that I am interested in creating ONLY the rewarp staff so I would like to load only the minimal amount of events required to do so. That being said I am unsure which events need to be loaded exactly and in what order. If any events or files need to be inserted outside of what is within the rewarp folder or even outside of what is within the custom items folder, please let me know. Also I have tried to be as detailed as possible so I apologize if any crucial info has been left out.

It should be noted that my project has already been heavily modified and uses the latest Skill Systems patch so a lot of the addresses will be different.

Sorry, but my custom staves were not made to be inserted through febuilder like this.
The staves use some things that have become a part of the skill system (prGotoMovGetter is from Modular Stat Getters) and i don’t know enough about febuilder to figure out how to make it refer to the skill system content you’ve already patched into your game.

i believe your best bet would be to add the staves you want to a custom build of the skill system rather than the “Insert Events” option

1 Like

I kinda figured there might be compatibility issues. But no worries, I was able to get it working through FEBuilder with some help. Appreciate the informative reply and thanks for making fancy staves.

1 Like