Zoramine's Bucket Of Many Random Things

image-3.png (12)
Work in progress Beruka halfbody mug. Thanks to Obsidian for helping a ton with this sprite from the original’s armor to this vers’s armor, and the crew in the Spritans room for reminding me that I’m garbage at cloth shading.

13 Likes

image-2.png (54)-1.png (1)
Thanks to Obsidian for further help, Wan for help with finding tons of issues, etc. Also props to my friend lyna for making note of some armor funniness that I couldn’t really fix till after Obsidian helped.

Beruka halfbody! Best Fates girl, don’t @ me. I was too intimidated from trying portraits not even two months ago, and here I am now making my own custom halfbody.

Sprite is not F2U F2E. She will not be in her current state. You can feel free to ask, I’ll deny you. Will have it put into the armor/cloth collection if I can get it.

7 Likes

I kinda realized I’ve not made an actual post about it in a while, but all of my maps are free to take and use however you want. With credit.

Now, most people would just assume I only allow taking and using the entire map, because I worked hard on every section of it. Nah fam, use whatever tiny section you want.

If that means you want a 15x10 cutscene map, go ahead! Grab a snippit of any of my maps that interest you and go ham, just always credit who deserves it me

4 Likes

lorm_sp1
lorm_sp1

Ported the last two animations for the Ephraim repack/recolor into a female model, so now it’s possible to make an Ephraim lord animation of some sort of dismounted Master Knight wielding everything in the universe. I guess.

Both are also listed in the Graphics Repository thread.

DerTheVaporeon/Pik are credited under the Ephraim repack, so it’s both I’ll credit for the originals.

10 Likes

What’s this mysterious new building that has appeared?! And it’s a seizable gate?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!1?!!2?!

Thracian mansion is now ported into GBAFE! This means that you can now probably recreate a majority of Thracia’s early game maps that don’t involve water in this tileset. Seizable gates also means this tileset can now be used to make seizable villages! Made partially at request for someone else, although not specifically for this tileset.

This is also an excuse for me to fix the annoying bits surrounding the vendor, armory and arena normally, making it look far cleaner overall.

14 Likes

Hey y’all who actually care about my page (the 4 of you. and mom. hi mom.)

Today’s a bit more of a different post 'cuz I just finished an actually huge project, adding a female version to Nuramon’s Ephraim Infantry Great Lord after having just done so to the regular Ephraim model.

It’s a sort of ‘Director’s Cut’ of me being a fucking nerd and wanting to explain to people how much fun this was.

^there’s the link, but you could also just visit the other page and like that comment too because it gives me a confidence boost.

LanceFphraim

Nura’s Ephraim has had me interested for a while now, and since I intend to use it for my Forrester class (Axe/Lance, promotion of generic Fighter), I needed a female aimation. However, there’s a very distinct lack of Axe and Lance animations I actually enjoyed, and since this class was more equivilant to Hero than anything else (Probably more generic soldiers that find home in forests versus Berserkers, the heads of bandit gangs, and Captains, the seven sea-sailing crew controlling pirates we all know and love), I needed more armor on it.

Nura’s Ephraim happens to have done just about everything I wanted, with a singular exception: NO ALTERNATE VERSIONS.

We here at Zora Incorporated do not stand for a lack of cool designs in anything, so I just got to work after contemplating for about 20 minutes if it was even worth it.

Lance_000 (2)
Here was my first draft up of the hair frames on the Lance animation alone. Note that I don’t change anything drastic but added in the hair.

This process took some ~3-4 hours alone because I had no idea what I wanted the hair length to be quite yet, and was having issues visualizing it and spent the first hour also contemplating whether to go forward with it.

I don’t actually start by adding blobs of colored hair, but rather I draw the outline of the hair first so I can build up how I want the hair to flow during the animation. Since I’m working with a preexisting model that I don’t need to change significant aspects about (bless you Nuramon), it’s nice to sketch out even basic hair. Each frame was rather simple at this stage but it worked.

Lance_000 (4)
At this point I’ve got half of the frames colored-ish. Or rather, merely the second shade of the hair so I can test whether it looks nice in motion as is.

Lance_000 (5)
And by this point (~5 hours in) I had every frame colored in with the 2nd shade.

Lance_000 (7)
And by here I’d gotten all of the coloring done.

All of the animations worked in this process, and if anyone would be curious to see all of the progress gifs, I’d be more than happy to provide them to satisfy curiosity.

That also reminds me.

Hey look, it’s a nice visual for how classes might promote. Added some custom symbols to represent info that isn’t immediately noteworthy, noteworthy things being armor/horse/flier/wyvern effectiveness.

Or take this visual. Oh hey is that a list of the classes they might probably be? yes.
Innes is still work in progress, idk if I’ll even keep Innes as the base. He’s filler and will remain so for the time being.

…you see the Oswin splice? You see his class? And the animation I just did? Yeah now it might make sense eh?

I also added some vertical stairs to this that go upwards to the right oh hey that might be useful to have around

oh i did a palette for chair didn’t i of hell oh i should release that too many idk

Doesn’t work with N426’s new Village but expect something from that tileset soonish.

16 Likes

oh hey another multi topic post how epic

building but a bit bigger
I got around to continued work on the fort, mostly through working on two alt palettes (thanks Wasspix!), adding tall houses that look good, and making the shading on the mansion more in line with the other tan roof house. Still work in progress, but if you want a beta version I’d be happy to give it to you in the meantime. Just ask on Discord.

is that a big house in desert bastion woag

aside from that I might make a quick palette tutorial on what to do and what not to do, as I’ve noticed some people have… varying abilities to make them and judge them. It’s definitely not a easy thing.

16 Likes

hi i do the cool map

DESERT VILLAGE! Wanted to do it for a while, partially because something like this doesn’t exist in base GBA or in any of the tilesets I could find that are insertable, and partially because Wan made me interested in doing more desert maps.

Original credit goes to… N426, Venno and Gamma, but I’m certain there’s others that did more work on it that I forgot. All I did is removed all of the bones and old buildings and replaced them with the Village tileset’s houses.

The house houses and the red houses have both sand and grass backgrounds (top copy is sand, bottom is grass). There’s ruins, but it’s only for one house being ruined, and a duo of buildings HAS to both be ruins, as I ran out of space.

I’ll also be posting this under the Global Repository thread, as the tileset isn’t originally mine, and I’ll give the clearance that idc what happens to it from this point onwards.

…oh, and don’t bother altering this palette if you can help it. It’s REALLY tight as is.

13 Likes

What’s this animation at the top left of your promo guide? I’ve seen it before, but don’t recognize it fully.

Nuramon’s Villager, listed under Squire for some reason on Emblem Anims.

Gotcha! I don’t particularly like the sub-type listings, and if Emblem Anims ever gets that new site in the next few years, we should be able to drastically improve it.

There’s a ton of small nitpick issues with it (my Adventurer is a splice of the Sniper with Bows and Staves, but is listed under Rogue, under Pupil is a female Monk animation, among other things), but it’s good to at least hear that you’d be improving it.

insert funny start of post comment here

Because I was in a mood Thursday night, I asked Wasspix if he had any ideas for portraits I could do, and he responded by giving me 6 different randomly generated FE portraits, gave me the colors for each that he’d want and told me to go ham.

Oh, and the minimugs suck but I hate those. Maybe I’ll make an entire project absed around those and it’ll just be my ‘’’‘art style’’’’

image (22)
It’s the absolute unit five, all of which are F2U but not F2E. However, I will also note that my previous splice for him (A splice of a splice, one of Damian’s armor and my Gerik) remains not F2U OR F2E.

And for fun, here’s a bit of info on each, along with the actual individual image. Yes, they all use a darker skin tone, Wasspix’s project involves a lot of darker tones to the portraits, and will actually be darker in his project - I just wished to not have my eyes bleed.

image-1.png - 2020-10-03T014110.635
Madlad of a Fargus sprite, I didn’t think that messing with a beard would be fun but man was I wrong. He’s supposed to be an armored brigand(??), so I messed with a generic-y cloak and a shoulderpiece. Not sure if I’m a fan of the colors, I’d have rather gone with a silver or gold cape and a steely color for the hair/armor piece, but that’s not my place to decide.

image-2.png (60)
I hate the original’s face, so I spent a solid 30 minutes trying to find a better one before giving up and just tooling this one. Ephraim’s cloak is so generic that I love it. Not a fan of this one.

image-3.png (19)
Blue Dorcas who has more facial hair and is secretly the Crimson Chin. This is my favorite model I worked on today - the chestplate looks really nice despite being cobbled together, the trim looks beautiful, and Dorcas himself looks like he’s in tip-top shape, ready to beat the shit out of you.

image-4.png (12)
Barely even an edit of this sprite (Glen + Jerme, iirc), but I improved the colors and set up the trim to work within palette limitations. Would have rather had blue armor.

image-5.png (7)
The sprite that took the longest, this one’s original was so abysmal that I completely abandoned it before starting and just went in with the rough character personality info I had at the time. He’s apparently a boss that might show up twice and is supposed to not be young but still with much of the energy of one in those years, which Percevial kinda… just works for. Not a fan of this one either due to the palette constraints along with just trying to find a head for a while.

7 Likes

Here comes the Dorcas Chin

1 Like

Old Dorc-1.png (5)-1.png (3)

I had the cursed concept while working on Dorcas - something I forgot to include in the post three days ago - of making Dorcas older. Then that gradually turned into an attempt to further make him old, to differentiate him further from his source, and now we’re here. Old man’s just tryna make a living by beating the crap out of whatever is in front of him and if he hears an arrow fly over his head he might just get PTSD.

8 Likes

Nice chin.

1 Like

Here comes the Maroon Chin!

1 Like

Had life kinda catch up to me (barely scraped by a History exam, spent a good portion of the past week working on a creative writing story to get my midterm portfolio to 22 pages, with the required floor for said portfolio being only 10), so I’m sorry for being a bit inactive.

I’ve also been doing a lot of shadowing around, helping people through DMs on simple tasks like adding better aesthetics to dirt on a Lava Cave, telling someone that their palettes were garbage over the span of a week or helping someone make their map as good as I can. Plus the requests I keep forgetting about but lets not talk about that rn

This is also a great opportunity to remind people that it’s perfectly aight to grab all my maps and use them, or to ask me for a map/tileset that isn’t released because i monky brain. Had a guy ask for a bunch of advice including getting a map, and was more than happy to do so.

ONTO ACTUAL THINGS IVE BEEN DOING

image-1.png - 2020-10-13T141151.270
hey look at that it’s a cutie

No idea what I’ll name her. She’s in the same boat as Beruka or my Garcia splice, ask before using and you’ll almost surely get denied. I love this one, and I’ll continue to work on her in the next while.

She was my first personal experiment with the Character Creator program to generate a portrait; all of my Wasspix portraits were based on ones he made using it. Wanted to see if that was fun, and while the original created thing is awful I love thow this turned out!

output

Also, Levin said he might be doing something with the portrait, so I’m looking forward to that.

9 Likes

20201013_144227

nice stuff as always

5 Likes

bless you vesly

6 Likes