Video portrayed is an arena round between Ross (whom I replaced Brigand and Pirate with FE3 Barbarian in this hack) and an enemy Wyvern Rider. In my test run of my hack, it worked mostly fine but for whatever reason Ross is prone to disappearing with the enemy after a single round of combat. It works fine otherwise, but it’s a very jarring glitch and idk why it does this, as it only happens for FE3 Barbarian. If anyone can help, that’d be nice.
So I tested the Barbarian sprite on a fresh ROM, and it also flickered in and out. So it’s definitely a problem with the ROM. I don’t know what specifically is the problem, but it’s probably a very dumb oversight.
Don’t you mean there’s nothing wrong with the ROM because it happens on a fresh copy? That sounds like it’s the animation’s problem. But, I admit, I’ve looked over the code twice now and I don’t see anything that seems wrong. The opcode order and trailing images are what I’ve done with anims with no issue, so I’m not sure if I’m missing some really subtle or what’s going on.
I tested it in normal map combat (Prologue, specifically) and it works fine. It’s the arena where it flickers in and out. (Keep in mind that it could be that it’s on a tile-by-tile basis because I could’ve swore it appeared at random intervals in normal combat too, but that could be the Mandela Effect)
It’s the same with another issue I have elsewhere regarding black spots when Ephraim and Eirika promote, and it’s really annoying and I’d like to fix both somehow without having to replace the FE3 Barbarian sprite…