When was the FE-games golden period?

Each era is golden in their own way. There tends to be some kind of significant blemish on them that stops them from being a completely golden era so I find it difficult to single out one for being the series peak in quality. The ongoing modern FE (3DS and onwards) is clearly the peak in popularity however.

7 Likes

Ah dang-it I accidentally voted on the wrong one :frowning:! Can’t change my vote…oh well…

I think you can by selecting show vote, then you can change it

Oh yeah I could, thanks

My vote goes for the Tellius era. Every FE era falls short somewhere, but Tellius had the best story/worldbuilding/character building and even some decent narration on top. I would not be upset to see a new FE with this same level of worldbuilding today.

The only other era that comes to mind would be GBA, but in all honesty I consider them to be a jack of all trades, but doesn’t truly excel at anything. I would not be particularly happy to see a new official FE to take anything from these games without improving upon them in some way.

I’ve seen many rom hacks/fan games with similar or sometimes even better gameplay compared to most official games. However the story aspects (Story/Character/Worldbuilding) often fall short Imo, therefore the added rarity of a good story makes me value it higher.

1 Like

I think Tellius has a great arc, an iconic villian in the Black Knight, some really good character developments, and some really good map designs and gameplay. For world building though, I actually have to say that Three houses had some good stuff with the library and supports.

1 Like

jugdral can’t be the golden period when only one game can be considered gold

Oh wow the community that focuses on GBA hacking voted GBA as best FE era

Lemme put on my surprised face

Regardless this is a flawed question because everyone values something different about FE and how it handles it. That’s why FE is one of my favorite series of all time as nearly every game plays so differently and just reducing it down to “whats best overall” is just silly/maybe childish.

2 Likes