Whats your favorite fire emblem class

I want to hear some opinions so what is your favorite.
I’ll go first, my favorite class is the cavalier/paladin as i am a huge enjoyer of reliable and solid units. Cavaliers have always been able to do nearly everything from weapon triangle control to rescuing. Funnily enough my favorite character, stefan, isn’t a cav but i have different reasons for liking him.

1 Like

Mine too. They usually have no glaring weaknesses, and usually only get crippled on desert maps. Although Pegasus Knights come a close second, being able to fly over the obstacles is always great despite the danger of arrows.

2 Likes

Warrior. I find spin-to-win so enjoyable.

2 Likes

Thieves are cool, but they aren’t usually very good at combat so I don’t tend to train them. Though, I do love using Julian in FE1, with the game’s crazy stat boosters and his 70% strength growth.

Oh wait I’m sorry, I meant bow armor :upside_down_face:

1 Like

fleet

5 Likes

snag

Post must be at least five characters

4 Likes

Isn’t this the third copy of this thread in the past few months/year?

Make sure you check if a thread already exists before making it again.

Hero.

EDIT: Given that this is the third time this topic has come up recently I guess I’ll explain why I’ve said hero every single time. (Skip this if you want to enjoy your day)

1. In pokemon terms it’s what we’d call a “mixed attacker.” It has access to a wide range of weapons which give it options in just about every situation. It’s balanced by having lower movement speed (when compared to the op classes) and generally middling stats. A Hero can kill anything & anything can kill it. (But not in 1 round)

2. Because the hero’s strength comes from its weapon variety, it is generally more dependant on high rank weapons than other classes are. Its lower spd and str compared to swordmaster and warrior means it has to make up the difference somewhere, this is usually done by the player giving them silver, brave, and throwing weapons. These weapons are expensive and break easily, which means you have a unit burning through your lategame weapons’ durability. (this is nice because rpgs generally give players a stock of high powered items which the player never uses unless they’re doing a challenge run) i really enjoy this dynamic. Do you have enough fuel to burn through before the end of the game? or are you going to run out of gear before the final chapter? (almost never happens)

compare this to wyvern rider (my favorite class back in the day) where you can just give them a steel lance/axe and a javelin/handaxe and then call it a day.

1. “But not in 1 round” - So much of FE tends to be focused around 1 round combat, but in reality my most positive experiences with the series have been situations where the player does not 1 shot the enemy and the enemy does not 1 shot the player. Now enemy units persist beyond that initial round of combat. This creates a whole bunch of dynamics I find really enjoyable. It would take a full discussion post to unpack this factor though.
2 Likes

Yay this is like the 3th time or so this question was asked in my 2 and 1/2 year here and my answer is still the same assassin because lethality.

1 Like

Reopening a topic after 6 or more month is not liked by mods idk why so ya he not in the wrong so harsh on him

Just use a paladin from fe6 7 it has even wider range of weapons or one of those generals from fe8.lol

Just throwing it out there that there are more classes with even wider access to weapons But its still your preference so you do you

Btw i am still waiting for the berserker cult members to show up who made sword lance and bow bresekers to comment even in one of these threads

1 Like

In terms of technicality, Fliers (Wyverns and Pegasus) cause most serve as either Mage Killers or really good mobilization units.

In terms of lore and design, Manaketes, the Laguz, and other Beast Units.

2 Likes

GBA swordmasters go brrrrrrrr

3 Likes

sigh I miss Jaffar…btw if you couldn’t tell I’m a diehard Assassin fan

3 Likes

Hero
Gba animations, nuff said.

1 Like