What’s your craziest rom hack idea?

Once upon a time I dreamed of making a hack where the gimmick involved supports giving bonuses to certain units once the supported unit dies.

Then I saw FEBuilder’s UI and took a look at my bottle of Vyvanse and said “No”

1 Like

In the FEU design channel there was this meme topic about summons summoning summoners summoning inception the other day (which I think also qualifies as a crazy romhack idea).

Anyway, with all the talk about summons (and also Fates Capturing) I got the idea of a playable Necromancer (Lyon) that resurrects enemies as player units as a joke.

But I think that could actually be an amazing idea for a romhack, and having a Necromancer Lord with a bunch of revived enemies instead of player units is definitely crazy…

Something else I thought to add to that was that maybe the revived playable generic units could start as no-names but if they’re lucky enough to survive a few chapters and level up they could get names (or even be named by the player).

2 Likes

Crazy idea: each person takes their wacky hack ideas and tries to implement them.

We’re happy to help direct you if you want to know how to get started.

2 Likes

My crazy romhack idea is writing characters, a story, and making portraits and maps and designing chapters and somehow seeing it through to completion.

Pipe dream I know

7 Likes

Sorry for such a late reply took me a while to comb through all of this. But these are all amazing ideas. Many of which I myself may look into trying to implement bits and pieces.

The craziest dreams are the ones that come true they say

stat boosters everywhere, there’s a stat booster in every map, however you start in wet noodle central, population: everyone. Every unit is a major growth unit however with how many stat boosters there are it is easy to make up for bad stat growths (it also helps that your units that are suited for taking damage are able to take damage.) I also have a wyvern rider as a jagen, high hp and defense and just enough attack to take out about 70% of the enemies health just in case one of your units can not.

Oh yeah and you can buy master seals

Probably a Pokémon mixed with love story.

1 Like

Well…
What about a hack with 0 growths and only stat boosters?

1 Like

This could be loads of fun. What do you think @Vesly? How would you pull this off?

I’ve been working on supports lately

Bulba bulba… bulb

Squirtle squir!

Bu-bu- bulba?!
…saur

Tlllllle

4 Likes

Needs a love rival, tbh.

1 Like