What’s your craziest rom hack idea?

Tell me what’s your craziest room hack idea that you have no idea how to implement.

2 Likes

Demonic beasts on a 3H style

1 Like

If I had enough time, energy and skill, I’d have wanted to remake the entirety of FE8’s classes and tilesets so I could make a World War 2 inspired hack with all regular units being various infantry, some tanks that take up 4 or more spaces, and accompanying battle animations in gba style, all played with the gameplay of FE8…

Minus the tanks, I could theoretically do it. With around, like, 30 years of work. It just is not feasible for the rest of my life-plan, hah.

1 Like

Perspective-view dungeons.

2 Likes

Well, this is an idea i have that i even wrote some scenes for, but that i know will never happen:

A ‘‘Magic’’ vs. ‘‘Technology’’ FE. And by magic i mean high fantasy, and not the spit fireballs stuff we see in FE. I even wrote down some gameplay ideas for it and how to integrate that stuff with the Story, but eh, will never happen since creating something like that is haaaaaaaaaaaard.

4 Likes

Completely random game.
It in which not only the class but also the characters, terrain, and even the formation of enemies are randomly switched each time.
In games such as AoE and Civ, you can play random maps.
I think it would be interesting if FE could do this.
However, since FE has the concept of leveling up, it will be difficult to completely randomize it.

5 Likes

Fire emblem DND
I even tried to make some sprites based on this:

But damn it’s very time consuming.

2 Likes

Creating a pokemon fire emblem game

1 Like

:thinking:

1 Like

:roll_eyes: it’s a dumb rule

Everything I’ve worked on so far started as a crazy idea that I had no idea how to do :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I have a lot of ideas about making this sort of game. I think it would be interesting to do. Fe8 definitely has this sort of capability with monster spawning of random classes and items, though it could be expanded upon.

StanH made an asm hack where units set to level 31 will become the average level of your party of player units. If you used this hack and set hard mode bonuses to all enemies, it could work. We usually make enemies as a few levels higher than us, so if they are the same level with only class bases, they could probably be given around +10 hidden levels. This way you would never have to worry about enemies being at the wrong level.

Let me tell you about this other game by IntSys called Advance Wars…

Perhaps you should try making a hack of that? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Advance Wars is one of my favourite games of my childhood, and I’d have loved to see a sequel… but it’s not Fire Emblem. Valkyria Chronicles isn’t Fire Emblem either. I’d want a modern day set Fire Emblem, all mechanics in place.

I’d totally do a Fire Emblem hack with the Advance Wars cast as characters because hah.

2 Likes

I’m basically working toward this in the long term. All my work on Lex Talionis is to further my dream of making such a game happen.

1 Like

I would like to do some kind of Brave Emblem hack, were like in the Bravely Default Series, you can change your job, or classe, whenever you want with the asterisks you have collected.

Lets say you defeat a very powerful paladin, who as the Paladin asterisk, well, then you can use that classe with all your units.

Anyways, this would be really hard to implement because of the fragility of the " balance ".

2 Likes

This would be beautiful :heart_eyes:

Only thing I could think of would be an unbreakable crest, no promotion gains other than movement with some weird like circle promotion tiers.
Like Paladin can promote to Great Knight, General or Cavalier
Then Cavalier could promote to Paladin, Great Knight or General
And so on and so on with the circle ever wrapping.
Like 1,2,3, - 1,3,2 - 2,1,3 - 2,3,1 - 3,1,2 - 3,2,1
I tried something similar like this once and got it messed up as I started to add more class

On the thought of balance I couldn’t even begin to think how

1 Like

Love me some advance wars, would totally play that

I have seen something like that once i forget where

:thinking: a pokemon themed fire emblem hack? Idk where you could have seen such a thing

1 Like

Harvest Moon Emblem. Or simple Farming Simulation Emblem. I brainstormed some ideas but who knows if I ever try that.

2 Likes