What new character would you like in FE8?

Ah, beta Neimi.
Maybe, if I find a way to make a secret promotion for her.

I have to agree. I won’t say that recruiting Valter couldn’t be executed well, but those chapters in Awakening where you can recruit Emmeryn and Gangrel killed all of the narrative weight of the first story arc, which I had considered the only good part of Awakening’s story. Sometimes you need to let characters stay dead and/or unredeemed to avoid trivializing a story.

5 Likes

but emmeryn and gangrel are essentially free dlc, they don’t come back in the main story they’re only in the game if you recruit them from the paralogues in the bonus box, it’s like saying that being able to recruit eliwood and seliph ruins the experience. It’s like the creature campaign, optional characters not intended for the main story, kinda like Anna from fates (and awakening to an extent)

1 Like

I wouldn’t say they aren’t in the story since they are in chapters that have story segments rather than just being usable on non-canon bonus maps like the bonus units in FE6 and FE8. They way they were added in feels like the game is saying: Surprise! They lived after all. They also have supports and endings, which tells me that they’re there in universe, unlike the einherjar units. If it doesn’t bother you, that’s fine, but for me, it made a lot of the end of the first story arc seem pointless.

1 Like

Hmm, Messenger-chan maybe? I’m talking about the Pegasus Knight who tells the party things.

2 Likes

He specifically wasn’t really a good guy before picking up the lance.

Duessel : Yes… …We were in the middle of a battle. Valter had broken his lance, and when I wasn’t looking he somehow took this one. From that moment, he was changed… He killed everyone–even retreating men. I took the lance from him when I realized what had happened, but it was too late. Madness had awakened within Valter and was coursing through his body. From then on, he hungered only for battle and for blood… It’s not as though Valter was a gentle lamb before, but now his appetite for violence increased many times over. It’s all because of this cursed lance.

He just wasn’t a total bloodthirsty lunatic.

2 Likes

Hey, that’s a good idea.

We do have Gatekeeper-kun, why not her?

A good moment to add new characters to FE8 would be at chapter 10 of Ephraim road, ingame duessel is followed by three green cavaliers who stay loyal to him, but they could totally be changed to named characters (and with different classes, like a pirate, an archer, and a myrmidon) that join with their general.

For Eirika road, after freeing Carcino, she could be joined by 1-2 characters mandated by Carcino’s Senate. Aside from being a good addition to the roster, it would be nice to have more character from this place to share more about it (since the only character we have from here is Rennac)

4 Likes

Selena from chapter 13.

It makes sense, it wouldn’t be good if you get TWO promoted unit’s three chapter’s,
but still, I want her recruitable, the post game is not enough!

Not good for gameplay. (only for me) but it would be sooo cool!

i ideaguy’d klimt joining you with despoil and a weapon that gave him a billion luck

1 Like

I think Mansel could join the player on the final chapter, like Athos in FE7 but he would have S-rank in light magic and (maybe) staves only. This also could make him the perfect user of the Latona staff (maybe change it to be his prf?)

2 Likes

Or something similar to Latona, but less potent(only has Fortify range instead of map-wide).