What is your favorite part of FE hacking(survey)

Thinking about story and unit ideas while in the shower.

3 Likes

My favorite part is gameplay, the hard strategies for a map or enemies positioning.
Weapons is the less important for me.

Story is very likely to be a topic for debate, you can make a simple history, but the fact that you need to write well your story, characters, protagonist and antagonistsā€¦
Well, that is hard, even for a noob, the most experimented may have some troubles, but ok I guess.

i enjoy adding
interesting game mechanics

2 Likes

Why do the votes surpass 100%?

you can vote for more than 1 item

Music/sound design is by far what I enjoy the most, but since thereā€™s no option on the poll for that, I chose story. Itā€™s very satisfying seeing your own story come together as you write it.

3 Likes

my favorite thing is experimenting and figuring out what i can do without the limitations of the game if that makes sense. i picked gameplay and eventing since i guess that involves both of those things.

1 Like

I can definitely see that. I played through the current version of Last Heavenly Throne back in December, and I loved the music you had in it!

If I had to rank themā€¦least to best

1. Eventing/ASM. Itā€™s Greek to me. Iā€™m not a coder like my older brother is.

2. Visuals. Mainly because of my lack of inability to produce anything fit for a typical hack.

3. Gameplay. Thanks to me fiddling around with map makers for RTS games, I know whatā€™s good.

4. Story. My forte, from the very beginning. Even before I was interested in FE, let alone making a hack.