What is your favorite part of FE hacking(survey)

I was really curious about what people who hack, are the most interested in doing so I decided to make this survey to see how the numbers add up.
The options are divided into four.
Gameplay- You enjoy hacking around with game balance/enemy placement and gameplay oriented features(this also includes the gameplay-side of map designs)
Story- You enjoy coming up with writing ideas and narrative-focused parts of hacking. This does not necessarily mean “inserting” your writing but rather creating and writing process of it.
Visuals- You look the visual aspects. Mostly spriting but could also fall into other things.
ASM/eventing- You like doing funky ASM things or just doing creative eventing when you hack.
(Try your best to treat this as if you could only choose to focus on one even if it’s not necessarily true)

• Gameplay
  • Story
  • Visuals
  • ASM/Eventing

0 voters

8 Likes

Procrastinating

26 Likes

I like how no one has voted for eventing.

1 Like

Coming up with ideas and a plot is a fun, eventing though can be a real headache…

I do like writing supports though

2 Likes

Mapping’s definitely my favorite part of hacking; sometimes I wish I could make a hack that’s just maps with no need to do enemy placement, writing, or balancing. (Wait, isn’t Zoramine already doing that?)

Granted, I do enjoy portrait making, too. And occasionally writing, but mostly mapping and art.

Huh… well… I guess different things, really.

I do love writing and game design, but because they’re so subjective working on them can be exhausting and I’m never completely satisfied with my work.

Getting a cool bit of code to work, though? It gives me life.

1 Like

Thinking about the end result and then not working on it.

13 Likes

That hit a bit close to home.

This.

1 Like

music composition

4 Likes

I love making gameplay stuff, so I prefer rebalance hacks, but I’d love to make a good story too.

I like making units and wacky classes

Although I very much enjoy the overall process of chapter/game creation, I think ASM/C hacking’s gotta be my favorite part.

buffing wolt

8 Likes

doot doot.

Also, petition to have another one of these but with more options. I don’t think all of our bases are covered here.

3 Likes

creating epic anti-turtle incentives :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Longposting

2 Likes

pretending people will care

2 Likes

doing menial shit like reordering and renaming classes/weapons, inserting battle animations and stuff like that, and proceeding to dump the rom for one reason or another just to do it all over again.

1 Like