Which GBA Fire Emblem Game is the Best?
  • Fire Emblem 6
  • Fire Emblem 7
  • Fire Emblem 8
0 voters
7 Likes

I like FE7.
Just a little.

Didnā€™t like FE8, havenā€™t played through FE6 (yet).

1 Like

FE7 and itā€™s not particularly close.
FE8 dead last.

This is powerful evidence for my theory that FEU is the most FE7 friendly FE community on the internet. I mean, 10 votes so far so not too powerful, butā€¦ everywhere else seems to rip into it every chance they get, so this is something.

3 Likes

Iā€™m one of those weirdos who has Gaiden/SoV as my favourite Fire Emblem, so as the closest here thatā€™s FE8.

5 Likes

My opinion is a little biased because Iā€™ve never played Fire Emblem 8 I always end up hacking it before I play, though I have played Fire Emblem 6 and 7.

FE7 is not like Fire Emblem because it doesnā€™t have a war.
They are just a private army of sons of nobles, fighting a private battle with Nergal.

FE8ā€™s system is not bad, but the story is not very interesting.
It feels like it was made in a hurry.

So I chose FE6 by process of elimination.

6 Likes

FE8 cuz nostalgia, introduction to FE, and relatable. Donā€™t ask :woozy_face:

I know you said not to ask, but I just have to. What do you mean by ā€˜relatableā€™?

Family was driven to the ground by the people we thought were friends. Lost a lot. Too much. It was all material. But life would have been much easier growing up.

7 has the best OST :sweat_smile:

Fe8 purely because itā€™s the birth place of builder and basically allows all of feu to exists

1 Like

FE8 was the one that introduced me to the series. And I like not having to worry about limited experience points or ranking.

Close between FE8 and FE6 for me, FE6 has some things that really annoy me, but it also does a lot of things right like map design and difficulty, 8 is polished and fun, but a little too short. Not a big fan of 7.

ā€œWhich game is bestā€ vs ā€œWhich game is my favoriteā€

These are two very different questions and I can see that many people are already mixing the two together.

Objectively, I think the best GBA FE is FE8. The only universally problem with FE8 is game balance.

FE7 suffers from major story inconsistences. And from a gameplay perspective, some HHM maps are unfair, unfun and overly punishing.

FE6 has a okay-ish story but the characterisation of the main cast is significantly worse than FE7 or FE8. One of the more forgettable FE casts tbh. Gameplay-wise, FE6 also has some really bad map designs. Most of the gaiden maps are some of the worst maps in the entire series.

Overall, I think all three of them are good 7-9/10 games but imo FE8 is probably the best

1 Like

Itā€™s cool to hate FE7 rn, itā€™s like this every once and a while for a game. although itā€™s usually the later games lol

fe7 hhm no lyn mode with the double dash bonus stuff feels so bizarrely fucking good in a way thats hard to articulate.
plus 7ā€™s lords just arguably have the strongest inter-party chemistry of all the gba games which goes a long way to making it memorable

1 Like

Blazing blade beat sacred stones by one vote. Thatā€™s hella close.

1 Like

fe6 is the best cuz the gameplay is actually fun

2 Likes

It is supposed to be which game is your favorite. Iā€™ll change the title so that other people donā€™t mix the two up.