What is the worst boss in the series (ROM hacks included)

where does it say that it’s about time or annoyance? This is about the worst boss based on whatever you want it to be, and that is, for me, Hyman because he actively requires you to play games with the RNG way more than you should, which is just horrible design (It actually isn’t designed because there’s no way this shit was playtested when playtesters would sac Jagen on normal mode)

you can very well rig every single hit above 50 to hit 100% of the time with arrow-dancing shenanigans in GBAFE.

Also, soft-resetting is a feature that the game literally never tells you about so you can’t assume players would know this without outside knowledge, which is again, bad design.

Abusing a game’s save feature in order to effectively and even the smallest bit reliably kill a boss that is bad design, which is what makes it such a horrible boss fight and the worst in the series IMO.

3 Likes

FE1: No boss in this game is that bad, but Camus can be annoying since he has a chance to basically kill whoever he attacks because no crit avoid.
FE2: Grieth feels like he never goes down.
FE3: Tbh most fe3 bosses are really eavy so.
FE4: The falcoknight trio from endgame. Hitting is overrated.
FE5: Gomes, prepare to die if Asbel is fatigued.
FE6: Henning, hitting is overrated.
FE7: Uhai, dodgy boss in a forest on a map with a time limit if you want the gaiden, yikes.
FE8: Carlyle, swordmaster on throne. And if you die on him, you get to play the tedious slog that is ch 14 Eirika again.
FE9: BK for the RNG elements.
FE10: TBH Ashera has a lot of issues due to the AOE judge attacks that the game doesn’t tell you what attack she’ll use and when.
FE11: The axe trio, they’ve been discussed already.
FE12: No boss from fe12 was really that bad to me, but I haven’t played maniac/lunatic so…
FE13: Grima. Better get lucky with damage boosters or else you get overwhelmed.
FE14BR: tbh the bosses barely qualify as bosses because ryoma one shots most of them.
FE14CQ: Iago has an extremely hard to avoid crit chance in a map that tends to take a while, and Kotaro is also infamously annoying.
FE14REV: TBH most of the bosses aren’t that great because their stats kinda stink.
FE15: Grieth still.
FE16: Church Route Immaculate One. Nonsense range, likes to spam a powerful AOE, super bulky

TLP: Lanmark has no real weaknesses, he’s strong enough where armorslayers won’t hurt him that much, and hammers/heavy spears won’t hit.
VQ: Horvath surprises you with that 3 range tome you might not know about beforehand, so if you get caught off guard that’s pretty rip. Honorable mention to pre-2.0 Darien who gave no warning about the brave axe he had.

2 Likes

Ashera is probably the only FE boss I’ve ever really gotten “stuck” on. There’s no indication that only Ike can deal the final blow, so on my first playthrough I kept killing her until my healing resources were drained, thinking that she had a stockpile of lives I needed to deplete or something. I actually wound up reloading to a save from before I chose which weapons for Yune to bless to see if I could get an unlimited use Fortify, but if one of your units has only staves in his inventory, nothing gets blessed :(, so that was a waste of time.

I also hate her AOE attacks and long range single target attack because she tends to just murder Herons with the version that does physical damage, so I wind up having to undeploy my heron.

Bosses in FE tend to be one of the least interesting gameplay elements because they’re either immobile, so the player isn’t really strategizing how to deal with it or they move and force turtling or hiding frail units. It’s hard to strike a balance between making an epic fight and making luck based piles of stats with FE’s mechanics.

ultra instinct henning unless you have a arena abused rutger, Ishtore omg this guy just makes me want to bite someone he doubles with a bolting when your shannam misses a hit with a balmung he’s insta-fucked. Gomez without asbel or osian pugi. Medeus on every difficulty. Idk what else i think reinhardt without staves is probably hardest boss fight of all.

1 Like

I don’t know that hack. What is it about and what is the name?

I think Binding Blade and Shadow Dragon has bad bosses. Why you ask?
Because they always keep dodging my attack and get 1% Crit! Mostly in Shadow Dragon!

ahhh the horrible memories…

2 Likes

Like the boss of Chapter 8x of FE6. I hate him.

Edit: I actually hate throne bosses in FE6 in general, but that early game Shaman and Henning are the worst.

Did you mean 8x?

Lanmark from the last promise. You have no idea how much this fucker makes me want to yell. He’s fought on one of the largest maps in the game, with some of highest quality enemies, and enemy density, and then this fucker strolls up on a throne with like 60 avoid and capped defense. Even magic units(which normally you can use against armored units pretty easily) fail to hurt him much. And to add on to this shit sandwich, you have to beat him and seize within 25 turns to get a gaiden. That.Doesn’t.Even.Give.A.Reward.

4 Likes

Battle before Dawn’s Ursula has an uglier (gameplay) design, than her Disney counterpart. While you mind your business in this already unfair chapter of Fire Emblem The Blazing Sword, this witch puts on her night vision goggles and start sniping anyone that dares to even get close to her. I always go out of my way to not get in her bolting range because she is that annoying. Oh and she brought that overpowered mini boss with her, so that is also a big complaint.

The only redeeming factor Ursula has, is her portrait. Ursula looks really good and for that reason I can’t completely hate her.

1 Like

Dream of 5, a ancient(and I mean prehistoric) hack by Serenes Forest User AstraLunaSol.
I’m just gonna link a Pandan video for more context.

1 Like

Yes lol

The only thing I hate about Maxime is that he’s a Paladin with more Res than Def. It’s just annoying because Erk and Serra are usually my main powerhouses on the left side.

Lanmark from The Last Promise. General boss on a throne, reaching caps in most stats and with deceptively high speed. High speed on a throne can only lead to disastrous hit rates against him. Holton would be worse but he moves off his gate. Galagar would be worse but he can weigh himself down. Leon would be worse but you can bring an elixir to cheese the fight.

No other boss to my knowledge even compared to him.

Oh and there’s a time limit to get to the Gaiden on top of an already large and long chapter. Fun.

Thanks

Yooooooo. Gold Serif samebrain:flushed:

Siegfried is easy peasy if you use Frederick tbh. He doesn’t heal and does chip damage to Frederick even at base so you can just sit there whapping him until he dies. I mean it’s a dumb fight but it didn’t give me trouble.