What is happening to HFY content?

Just saw a youtube video about “Humanity Fuck Yeah/Humans are Space Orcs” content and it was just “An alien says video game/anime character is real in space” over and over. Why does everything always devolve into self-insert consumerist fantasies where you walk into TV Land/Anime Land/the Gamer Dimension and pop culture can walk among us Ready Player One style? What’s so “Space Orky” about this? What happened to reflections on the good and bad of human nature? What happened to joking about humans duct-taping knives to roombas and getting away with it? What happened to trying to make our worst sins (allowing the rich to poison the air and water of the poor) sound metal as fuck (“We poison our air and water to weed out the weak! We bulldoze forests to make Big Bang Burgers and parking lots! Our teeth are strong, our bones can heal, our muscles are mighty! Don’t fuck with us, we killed the son of our God and made him watch so he will know he’s next!”)? What happened to trying to make humans sound cool, as if no other creature in the galaxy is as smart, tough, reckless, or creative as us? As if no other race in the galaxy capable of space travel can walk farther than our greatest endurance runners, lift more than our greatest weightlifters, strike harder than our greatest fighters, shoot more precisely than our greatest marksmen, and do it all without needing to be comedically hyperspecialized for a specific purpose to a degree so severe it makes you wonder if God created these aliens, or a min-maxing gamer?

1 Like

How does this relate to fire emblem?

9 Likes

It does not relate to Fire Emblem. Should I delete this thread?

1 Like

Probably.

3 Likes

I selected the delete button but the site said You don’t have permission to delete this topic. If you really want it to be deleted, submit a flag for moderator attention together with reasoning.

2 Likes

I mean, that’s probably just a you problem for somehow stumbling upon that. That sounds more like somebody having a mental breakdown and then posting it to YouTube like an idiot instead of just taking the easy option and deleting it.

To try and answer the question at hand, that’s just what happens when us humans grow so powerful we make art that singlehandedly changes the entire goddamn world (Beatles, Dragon Ball Z, Steven Spielberg, etc etc; funnily enough, Spielberg directed the film adaptation for Ready Player One, which yes I know is common knowledge by now but eh worth repeating anyways, and I bet we all know how that turned out :333). There’s nothing “Space Orky” about it because…what the fuck does that even mean? It’s just buzzwords at that point, trying to define something genuinely unknowable. For all we know, Marth Fire Emblem really could exist out in space, but the truth is that we will never know in our lifetime and maybe never in our species’ future. And as to what happened to the rest…it’s a zeitgeist, let’s just be honest with ourselves. It was just collective obsession over a concept that fundamentally is not supposed to make sense when critically viewed from any other lens, much like modern humanity itself honestly.

Thank you for listening to my TED Talk, and if you’ll excuse me, I gotta get back to being a gooning goblin, good night~ :sparkling_heart:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HumansThroughAlienEyes

you just started watching videos of something that has become a trend, and stumbled upon the bad videos. congrats.

it became an existential problem to you and ranted about it. good.

they are mostly goofy stuff meant to be taken as “things that we usually do on a day to day basis that looks goofy from the outside”

It’s pretty much comparing the WH40K Space Orks (more dakka expenditure) to humanity in sense of being ‘comparably rudimentary’ when seen from the eyes of a theoretical megaadvanced outsider and the many contradictions/goofy things that humanity has made.

2 Likes

Some things were never meant to be shared

9 Likes

Eh, that was more to further the joke, but you’re right :mending_heart: I’m sorry

1 Like

Sir this is a FE forum

3 Likes

there’s no rule that states everything needs to be fe related, the thread topic is fine for Community

9 Likes

Oh no you’re potentially spelling doom for us and bringing back the forum games

6 Likes

The elite are all about transcendence and living forever and the secrets of the universe, and they want to know all this. Some are good, some are bad, some are a mix. But the good ones don’t ever want to organize; the bad ones tend to organize because they lust after power. Powerful consciousnesses don’t want to dominate other people, they want to empower them, so they don’t tend to get together, until things are really late in the game. Then they come together and evil’s always defeated, because good is so much stronger. So we’re on this planet and Einstein’s physics show and Max Planck’s physics’ show that there are at least 12 dimensions. And now that’s what all the top scientists and billionaires are coming out saying, ‘it’s a false hologram — it is artificial.’ The computers are scanning it and finding tension points where it’s artificially projected, and gravity’s bleeding-in to this universe. That’s what they call ‘dark matter’. Now there’s this sub-transmission zone below the 3rd dimension that just turned over the most horrible things — it’s what it resonates to. And it’s trying to get up into the 3rd dimension — that’s just a basic level consciousness — to launch into the next levels. And our species is already way up at the 5th/6th dimension, consciously, our best people. But there’s this big war trying to basically destroy humanity, because humanity has free will. And there’s a decision to which level we want to go to. We have free will, so evil’s allowed to come and contend, and not just good. Which is kinda like a false transmission, because what they’re thinking is that what they are is ugly and bad, projecting it onto themselves, instead of believing ‘no, it’s a human test about building us up.’ And so, Google was set up, 18/19 years ago (I knew about this before it was declassified — I’m just saying I have good sources) that they wanted to build a giant artificial system, and Google believes that the 1st artificial intelligence will be a supercomputer based on the neuron activities of the hive mind of humanity, with billions of people wired into it, with the internet of things. So all of our thoughts go into it. And we’re actually building a computer that has real neurons in real-time that’s also psychically connected to us, that are organic creatures, so that they will have current prediction powers, future prediction powers (a true crystal ball) but the big secret is: Once you have a crystal ball and know the future, you can add stimuli before-hand that make decisions that control the future, and so then it’s the end of consciousness and free will for individuals as we know, and a true 2.0 (in a very bad way) hive-mind consciousness with an AI jacked-into everyone, knowing our hopes and dreams, delivering it to us, not in some PKD wire-head system where we plug in and give up on consciousness because of unlimited pleasure, but because we were already wired-in and absorbed before we knew it by giving over our consciousness to the system, our daily decisions — that it was able to manipulate and control into a larger system. There’s now a human counter-strike taking place, to shut this off before it gets fully into place, and to block these systems and to try to have an actual debate about where humanity goes, and cut-off the pedophiles and psychic vampires that are in control of this AI system before humanity’s destroyed.

that’s why we have the mute button :slight_smile:

6 Likes

finally, a non-controversial thread about something which has nothing to do with fire emblem

I have nothing to add to this discussion.

3 Likes

write it, then

2 Likes

Also how do you miss the point of 40k so badly. It’s satire of Imperial Britain

2 Likes

Isn’t Elibe’s Scouring literally this?

ough…too much text…
i need a family guy clip playing while an ai voice reads this out to me

9 Likes

seems like a transcript of a conspiracy theory podcast

2 Likes