What do you guys use to make your FE hack?

Someone might have already ask this question but I want to know.

So I was wondering, what do you guys use to make your fire emblem hack? I was planning to make a fire emblem hack but I want to see what you guys prefer.

Check out the Getting Started global pin here. It’s got basic summaries of the different approaches and links about where to start learning about each one of them. I don’t mean this to be rude, but in general proactively looking for stuff will save you a tonne of time, there are loads of good resources on the site if you filter by the appropriate tags and look around.

3 Likes

In this case, the OP is asking “what do you guys prefer” not “how do I hack FEGBA”

I wouldn’t give them any flack. They’re not asking about engines/builders, they’re asking about what the community members like to use

reply to OP: a lot of users, including myself, use FEBuilder, as it is more straightforward and tends to be “beginner” friendly. They’re still a lot of stuff you will need to learn but thankfully, this community is helpful and supportive if you have questions in relation

Though, like Pawkkie said, check to see if your question hasn’t already been answered before posting, if you do

3 Likes

alright, thanks.

This is very fair, and I’m legitimately not trying to give any flack. I just mean I think rather than going with what anyone prefers, the best course of action is to check the differences yourself and figure out which methodology best matches what you want to do, and that’s the place to go to do that :slight_smile:

If you want my specific preference, I started with FEBuilder for a bit and quickly moved to buildfiles because I like their versatility and the fact they compile from scratch every time so don’t mess up your ROM. Go with what suits your needs best though!

3 Likes

Yes! That’s the answer i’ve been looking for! thanks again

1 Like

Nightmare + FEditor because it turns hacking into a game of “What will break the rom first?”, fun for the whole family!

4 Likes

how would you rate FEditor 0/10?

Please, I use hex editor with no other tools, and I also write notes on paper with temporary ink. It took me 3 years to add the skill system into the hack, but it was worth it.

1 Like

I hope your arms ok. Must have hurt for a long time.