What class do you hate with a bitter passion?

Great Knight. They’re cavs with an identity crisis, they can’t be as slow as generals or as fast as paladins, can’t be as bulky as generals but more than paladins, should presumably be stronger but not too much. And on top of ALL of that weapon rank gains are either all or nothing, you either get low ranks and are worthless or high ranks and you’ll just use the best rank.

They’re lame and always just end up being the most mid things to ever exist

2 Likes

Bro gonna say that when Frederick is a great knight smh

2 Likes

Great Knights: They tried to mix Generals and Paladins and somehow got the worst of both. Skills do help with fleshing them out alot though. Allthough if you want to improve them vanilla style, giving them weapon ranks for all physical weapons can also go the distance.

Fighters - Warriors: They get straight outclassed by Zerkers, but they are a pain early on to any spear units, or generally slow units. It ends up being a cheesy way to counter your army early on.

Wyvern Lords: Yeah these are the opposite of my favourite flyers, Wyvern Knights. They are slow as hell and prone to crits and magic damage due to their low LCK and RES. Yes WK can also suffer from the same issue, but their high SPD can allow them to mitigate the issue. That being said, the Armored Lord sprite is one of my favourites and i do really like the take that Code of the Black Knights did on WL with Jaeger.

2 Likes

paladins
every single paladin in the series is a sellout trying to ride on the coattails of jeigan’s success

except bow paladins, they’re real as fuck

7 Likes

Princess Lament Gilliam with a 12 dmg bow made me bust

4 Likes

Weapon locked classes are a pain in the ass to use but if used correctly they can be an interesting challenge. Those are a double edged sword.

I’ve played sacred echoes so I think I can count that? They for some reason are a plague should be cleansed.

1 Like

The mention of a samurai caught me off guard as I hadn’t seen an entire gameplay of 3h. You reminded me of the 3h demake in FE8 someone’s making.

Honestly, I think it’s thieves for me. You force me to bring you to get treasure and your bases are often so low. Oh wow! A fast guy with middling strength. There’s no meat on them bones! Get outta here, I’m not serving you to my family!

1 Like

Paladin is definitely the most boring to me, the novelty gets spoiled by getting a Jeigan anyways, how am I gonna get excited about training up this weak ass cav to be the same guy with more stats? was wild finding out as a kid that Paladins are way better than Generals but I just liked the Generals?

1 Like

I don’t like to use units with slow speed and low luck because of the game system.
Mostly, this applies to armor knights, dark mages, bandits, pirates, and fighter.

1 Like

Dark Mages.

Edit: actually no. Pegasus knights. I actually really hate Pegasus knights.

2 Likes

I die a little on the inside whenever I see enemy archers that naturally have more than 2 range, at least from what few hacks I’ve played. Playing maps just becomes extra tedious with them around, especially since for whatever reason the enemies using them have strong stats and are annoying to try and dispatch of. For whatever reason, I never have much issue with them in official games or even Sacred Echoes though, maybe because it’s more limited to promoted archers or maybe because of time rewinding/being easier games?

If we’re talking vanilla though, any staff using enemy class in Thracia, mostly because I didn’t get Tina and the thief staff in my playthrough, so I was being abused by status effects way more often than the times I got to abuse them. And missing a heal just ruins my day every time.

2 Likes

as a unit, armor knights. Just because I want to use them so bad but they tend to be countered hard by the crap they’re supposed to counter due to their speed. Also, why do they have to be weak to magic, have a weakness to hammers, when they are already slow af and with low mov? someone in IS really hates these poor guys
as an enemy, any long range staff user. Explains itself, they are so annoying.

1 Like

I mean certain skills can help counter with that. Wary Fighter effectively neuters high SPD enemies, so once you get high enough HP you can soak up even magic hits pretty decently. And Provoke can help with enhancing the fantasy of a tank by adding a taunt to the mix. Engage also had that cool feature where armor units were immune to the Break mechanic.

I dislike pegasus because but I dont hate them

but “more than 2 range” archers, straight to hell, directly to the bottom

4 Likes

I agree, I actually really liked the OHKO machine that was effie on conquest, though I haven’t played the switch games so I don’t have an opinion on those.

1 Like

Fighters, they don’t really have anything special unlike the pirates and brigands which have water and mountain walking.

2 Likes

Now you mentioned it, between fighters, pirates and brigands fighters are inferior in the axe trio. One walks on mountain, one water and that’s just it.

1 Like