What animation are you most proud of?

For further context, what battle animation is your pride and joy? Have fun, boast a little or something. Do try and keep it civil and give constructive criticism. Reskins are allowed as well as fully unique animations. Whether big or small, just have fun. My most prideful is my long haired vergil I’ve posted on my assets. It’s not the new one I’ve posted but the old one. Why the old one in particular is because it’s what got me motivated to keep going no pun intended.

4 Likes

My top 5 is as follow:
5. Dagger sage
Sword

This one was very fun to make, the sage had a great motion that needed only some adjustment to make into a physical dagger throw. I also really went with the whole enchanting dagger bit, with her setting it on flame on crit.
4. Dagger valk
Handaxe

I belive this was my first dagger animation. I just looked at the valk movement and thought “damn this would look great with a dagger being thrown” In this one she’s also using the daggerang, the mystical weapon that comes back to you after hitting the enemy
3. Lamia ver 2
Magic

This was the first I would say high effort anims I’ve made, the longest part to make was the hair physics when she’s casting. The movement of the body is relatively simple but the hair physics and magic circle, made it necessary to draw a lot of frames
2. Wolf laguz
Transform
detransform

This one was one anim where the girl sprite was totally original. I saw the wolf @VelvetKitsune made and just HAD to make a transform anim for it. The hardest part was baking in the transformation with the motion of the backflip. I also ran into the problem of the battle platform spacing. Thankfully @vilk helped me a lot with making frames that interact with the edge of the platform. It also allowed me to experiment with sfx using the manakete anim patch

1. Bael Empress
    Bow

my 3rd forray into modding the bael. This one took a long time but I really dig makin the bow anim especially, because of the unusual right arm pull. I got the idea and spliced the bow from @Alexsplode 's breserker maelduin anim. This one also had a lot of magic effect spliced into it

I’d like to thank @SableMage and @AnoddDutchIntrovert alot for their help with my anims, sable mage has been my main scripter for a lot of my more modern anims and dutch provided map sprites for several anims of mine, I suck at both of these so yknow

6 Likes

I think by default it’d be my generic version of Tykky’s Half Dragon

Although I do have a soft spot for my female shaman repal, quietly I think it’s best female shaman, separating the cloak headdress thing’s trim from the main dress colour, [reusing the gold trim from the dress] allows for much more variety in character palettes

5 Likes

Funnily enough… In terms of animations I have no animations done yet cuz everyone is just so damn talented :3

But I’ll keep this thread up cuz I just wanted to learn how to animate

3 Likes

Sword_att
A custom Villager attack that I finished this year! Really proud with how it turned out!

2 Likes

I remember your dagger sage from awhile back. When you first started working on it, I was curious how the crit would work.

So far, this is my favorite type of manakete as it’s a Lyn hybrid with fae.

I just finished an entire set of videos that all showed new animation rigs for new tomes. They reuse game assets but the places they’re from often are wild, and the camera angles for a lot of them are cool. I especially like the Thartarith camera angle from the dark magic set.

4 Likes

Sometime ago I finished this Custom Binding Blade animation for my hack’s lord, Ruby. It took me an entire week.
Sword

The Roy Binding Blade animation has 115 frames. It was a pain, but I got it done. And I’m very happy with the result.

7 Likes

I would say these two.
wilb_bt1
Sky_la1

While making the worm, I never really thought about how there was an actual animation size limit while making it. So when I finally imported the final thing and I got that error message, I panicked! Thankfully I only had delete about 3 frames and it fit. Still pretty scary. It was made primarily be moving over 40 layers frame by frame in gimp. It was super tedious but it I think it turned out pretty good.

For the bird, I was super nervous about making a mount. It’s also the largest animation I have done in terms of frame count at exactly 100 frames. The bird was really fun to animate. It’s a rip from Shantae Half Genie Hero that I was able to downscale and clean up. The critical animation I really had fun animating because of how over the top it is.

4 Likes

cheers_bro-export

13 Likes

Hey it’s OBS!!

1 Like

Good ketchup btw