WeaponRankEX [ASM]

It brings me great joy to be able to share this with everyone. Thanks to everyone who helped me in the discord: Leonarth, Sme, Snek, Zane, Pikmin(Or Kirito) and anyone else that I cannot find.

Without further ado, I bring to you WeaponRankEX.

This code allows you to increase the amount of weapon ranks you can use from 6(E,D,C,B,A,S), to 14(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E) with the ability to customize which Letter or Glyph each rank uses.

Inside this code is the main installer “WeaponRankEX.txt”, where you can customize the code.

At the top of the installer, you will find this array. The top one, “MaxRank” allows you to choose how many ranks you want, whether you want 3, or all 14.

The next entries allow you to choose how much weapon experience is needed to increase the weapon rank, whether you want to increase your rank every 10 experience, or 70.

Just down from the previous entries is this array. These words define which text entry to write to the item information when you [R] an item.

WREX3

The last entry MUST be “Prf”, and the first entry MUST be blank.

This is the last part of the code that you will need to change, yourself. This array of BYTEs determines which glyph to draw to the screen in ascending order. These reference this sheet being 0xXY with 0x14 being the “-”.

Status Font Reference

Now, to the ingame information. This patch changes the settings that you need to change in order for the game to see which rank is which. E is the same, being 1, but D(or the second rank) is 2, instead of 31. The ranks follow this order, being a simple array of [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E].

For example.
WREX5
Each of these ranks would be different ingame.

I don’t know if this patch is compatible with others, but worked around the idea of making it compatible with Skill Systems. Again, I’m not sure if they are compatible, but will be testing for that purpose.

15 Likes