Refer to latest post for Current Round
USC ROUND I: SPLICE COMPETITION
Optional Theme: Bandits
SPLICING SPECIFIC RULES:
- The theme is optional. You are not required to stick to the theme provided.
- MANDATORY: only splice from the mugs provided. You are not required to use pieces from all 4 provided, as 2/4, 3/4, even 1/4 is fine.
No large “full custom” (made from scratch) areas, parts, or pieces. The final result should be made of and identifiable to areas from the source mugs. If you feel like your entry may be considered “questionable” to others, you are allowed to post work-in-progress screenshots or other visual proof of your process.*
(kudos to Lenh for rules description in this area)
- Only 1 entry per contestant.
- No voting for your own entry!
Entries should be limited to 16 colors. (15 colors+ 1 background color)
This is more of a guideline, but good to follow for style and challenge reasons. Colors may be custom or using GBA sprite palletes.
No posting previous/old works!
This means no edits/recolors of something previously made as well.
-allowing previous/old works would give an unfair advantage to certain entries, two weeks is a good amount of time to work on an entry… how fair would it be to have to go up against something someone spent months or even a year on?
-creating brand new works, encourages creativity and artistic growth and development, kinda what the whole art forums are about… isn’t it?
- Hosts may participate in the competitions.
Voting will be split into two categories.
-Best in Theme
-Best Overall Sprite
Voting will run for 3 days
If there are a large amount of entries, Best in Theme may be divided into smaller categories based on whether an entry is custom, splice, or for battle sprite animation.
Winning placement will be decided by total number of votes across categories.
- The winner gets to choose two potential themes either from a list or of their own imagination.
- The winner and runner ups will vote upon the themes to select one.
- Third place gets one vote.
- Second place gets two votes.
- The winner gets the final two votes in addition to theme selection.
- Whichever theme wins will be used for the next competition.
1st place chooses 2 mugs, 2nd and 3rd both choose 1 for 4 mugs total for next round.
Note, votes can be split, if you have two votes they do NOT need to go to the same theme.
The purpose of these friendly competitions is for artistic development but also to help develop more resources for later projects… there is no monetary prize here, but I hope you all enjoy participating and winning those sweet bragging rights!
Any further questions or concerns can be PMed to the current host! (Shep) or posted either in the feedback thread or within this thread itself.
VOTE DEADLINE: Thursday, February 28th at 11:59pm PST.
HAVE FUN VOTING
>BEST OVERALL (single vote)
>BEST IN THEME (multiple votes)