VN style help room?

In my hack, whenever game over is triggered, I am looking to allow it so that there is option for a “help room” which reviews the cause of game over, as well as includes other dialogue. How can I integrate a feature like this?

probably easiest to just have another “Always Event” with trigger flag 0x65 that has dialogue and is above the standard “GameOverCall” one

Edit:
Nevermind, this doesn’t work. There’s hard coding in the game procs to just cause the game over right away, I guess.

I’ve never edited game procs before, but I think theoretically you could repoint it and insert your own stuff to happen.

I don’t recommend this unless you know asm & buildfiles, sorry.

Thanks. However, for example, if Lord Death causes game over at flag 0x65, then could you theoretically set it so that death quote triggers a different flag? This would then lead to the pop up of a decision. If yes is selected, then the scene would play and then trigger 0x65 afterwards, whereas no would just trigger 0x65. Do you think this could work?

1 Like

That’s a good idea. Please try it and let me know. :slight_smile:

It worked!

1 Like

Great! Now just check that game overs still occur immediately, instead of after moving your next unit, etc.

1 Like