Life of Seiros, a -story driven fan made prequel to 3H- romhack from @Augenis
What is one thing about your project that you feel has had a lot of/the most time and effort put into it?
Augenis: I’d say the story side of the hack - dialogue, character writing, worldbuilding ancient Fódlan, etc. I set out first of all to try to depict Rhea’s journey, from a traumatized survivor to the leader a religion for her quest to kill Nemesis, and though the hack is still in fairly early stages, I’m at least a little proud of what I’ve done there thus far.
What was/is the most enjoyable part of working on your project?
Augenis: Honestly, just learning more and more tricks and studying by example has been quite enjoyable. This is my first romhack, though I’ve dabbled a little in the past, and every time I play another hack and see something I really like and think would fit for my project, say “can I incorporate it somehow?”, and then actually manage it - that’s certainly a dopamine rush ![]()
What inspired your project’s creation?
Augenis: I got interested in romhacking around the same time I was playing Three Houses, and was surprised that there seems to be few fan games set in its world, which was odd to me since 3H seemed so popular to me (there is Three Legacies, which is excellent and I’ve played it, but still). So, I decided to contribute - plus I just seem to have a thing for fan made prequels/sequels, lol, I simply enjoy theorycrafting about that stuff and I enjoy seeing what other people imagine as the previous/next generation of their favorite show, game, etc.
What got you into making Fire Emblem fan games?
Augenis: I’m new to FE fan games, but I’ve done plenty of modding in the past, I’ve been a modder for Paradox strategy games since 2014-15 ish (and with mods released since 2016), and I simply enjoy modding games I like to create content I want from it. The deeper I got into FE, the more I began to think about modding some FE game, and so I eventually stumbled upon the romhacking scene.
BONUS QUESTION
What was your introduction to Fire Emblem?
Augenis: I watched JelloApocalypse’s “So This is Basically Fire Emblem” back in… 2018, I think? And it sounded pretty fun to me (which I guess is odd because the video makes fun of the games, lol?) First game I played was FE7. I didn’t actually manage to finish it, but I enjoyed it before my newbie self was too annoyed to continue.